Two MckLinkys in one day...whew! Hopefully today will be a day to make some new bloggy friends!
Susana over at My Family My Forever is hosting a Get Excited About EXERCISE blog hop!
She wants to know what your exercise routine is!
I named by blog Sneaker Teacher because I am a teacher who loves to workout and stay fit. What I envisioned to be a blog with a good mix of fitness and teacher talk, turned into a blog mostly about teaching, being a grad student, and getting my doctorate. I am definitely interested in talking fitness/health more often, so this opportunity is great!
I actually just posted about my recent workout routines *here* and *here* but I am happy to talk shop again because I find talking fitness motivates me and keeps me going!
I love Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred workouts and she always kicks my butt! Go Susana for trying two of her workouts in a row. Whew! Don't forget your towel because you will be dripping sweat, I promise!

These other two workout DVD's by Jillian are also great. They are done in circuits with about 5 different exercises in each circuit that are repeated twice. These are longer videos, I think they last about 45-50 minutes, but the DVD does have options to select specific circuits instead of doing them all. I don't do these as much because there is a lot of jumping/hopping in the cardio and I now have people living under me since moved into an apartment. I don't want to make my German neighbors mad because they will complain!
Boost The Metabolism is all cardio and only a mat is needed.
No More Trouble Zones incorporates weights.
Both are awesome!


I also really like Jackie Warner's One-on-One Training With Jackie Workout DVD which has three twenty minute segments: upper body, abs, & lower body. Her ab workout is a killer and I am always *good* sore after doing her workouts. I like the flexibility of having the three choices because even just one of the segments is a good workout and all three together makes for a fantastic sweatfest!

I have been trying to incorporate some more Jillian and Jackie into my life because I tend to do up the cardio and neglect the weight training. Although it's good to do cardio and burn calories, weight training is what truly changes the body, so I need to balance out my workouts a little more.
I have really been enjoying the Treadclimber at my new gym here in Germany and occasionally, I will run. It is so fun to run on a German treadmill because the screen provides speed in km/hour so I always feel like I am super speedy even though I am running at my regular (6.5-7.5 m/hour) pace.
I am also trying really hard to keep my water intake up so I stay hydrated because my little friend Diet Coke (Cola Light here in Europe) is my vice in life!
Happy Workouts Ladies!!

4 comments:
You and I have alot in common. I too neglect the weights and hope to get that back into my routine! I am a cardio queen:-). And, Diet Coke is one of my best friends!
Thanks so much for linking up and sharing your exercise routine too. I am so excited to read more about your other posts!!
I'm the opposite, I love the weight part lol. I do best with a workout that combines the two. Good luck with your exercise!
You are motivating me to get back back on that treadmill. I was doing good for awhile and then stopped. I need to start up again!
thanks for sharing!! :) love reading about everyones exercise routines
Post a Comment