
Nicolasa at Low Expectations has given me the Honest Scrap award! I just came across her blog a few weeks ago, but it was one that I immediately liked. Maybe it's because she is also a teacher, but I connect with what she is saying! She has a really pretty name too!
Thanks for the award!
The logistics:
- Say thanks and give a link to the one who gave you the award.
- Share 10 honest things about yourself.
- Present this award to 3 other fantastically brilliant blogs of content or design, or peeps that have encouraged you.
- Tell those 3 people they've been awarded and make sure they're informed of these guidelines
10 Honest Things About Me
- I have been in love twice in my life & very happy that I had to go through heartbreak to get to my second love.
- I am not really good at first impressions of other people--There have been many people who I didn't really like at first who ended up being some of my best friends (this includes my hubby!)
- I cried a lot the day my parents took me to college.
- When I was about two, my brother and I were making fireflies on the ceiling with flashlights in a dark room and he hit me with his flashlight by accident. I had to go to the hospital and I we thought I would need stitches, but all I got was a tiny bandaid under my eye. I still have missing eyelashes in that spot.
- I have never smoked a cigarette or tried drugs...ever
- Somewhat related to #5, I am allergic to alcohol and break out in a rash when I drink certain kinds. It has something to do with how it's processed, but I have no problem with top shelf brands. hehe.
- Sometimes I wonder if I will ever be ready to have kids.
- I wish I lived closer to my best friend.
- I was always a really good student, but in college I got a C+ in Physiological Psychology. I failed my lab where I had to identify parts of actual brains marked with pins.
- Last but not least...I have a dual personality in that sometimes I can really go with the flow (in work situations) and sometimes I am a complete control freak (at home).
Now, I would like to pass this bloggy award onto:
It's a Wrap- if anyone deserves an award for being honest--it's her! She talks about healing herself and her relationship with food while recovering from anorexia. I really admire her strength to share her struggles and accomplishments and I would encourage you to check out her blog and the pics of her yummy meals! She is also a junior high math teacher.
Leslie @ Lamberts Lately- Leslie did the designs on both my blogs and her work is fabulous! She is a first grade teacher and all the $$ she makes from blog design goes towards her classroom purchases, so not only do you get a great looking blog, but you help out her and her students as well!
Katie@ Yes I Want Cake- Katie's is a healthy food blogger! She posts photos of her meals and lists ingredients and recipes. Frequently I read her posts and start drooling because her meals look so good! She posted about a pear & cinnamon grilled cheese sandwich last week, I made it, and it was divine! What a surprise...she is also a TEACHER (third grade).

Thanks also to Christie from Just the 2 of Us for giving me the One Lovely Blog Award! This is another blog I just recently came across and I am looking forward to reading it more.
The rules for the One Lovely Blog Award are:
- Accept the award and post it on your blog with the name of the person who has granted the award.
- Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you've newly discovered
- Contact the bloggers and let them know they have been chosen for the award.
Wow! Choosing 15 blogs is a lot! I am going to take the liberty of reducing that number by a bit (okay a LOT). I have already awarded a few of the blogs that I just started reading above with the Honest Scrap Award and they are probably the same ones I would give this award, so....it's a daily double!
This award goes to...
I guess I need to be on the lookout for MORE new blogs!

8 comments:
Congratulations on your award!
I also have something for you on my blog:
http://kingbrayden.blogspot.com/2009/10/few-reasons-why-i-love-blogging.html
~Christie
Congrats! I just found your blog via Low Expectations, and I'm liking it so far! And, aren't awards fun?!
Thank you so much! I feel so honored to receive an award from you. Congrats to you as well! I'm so lucky to be a part of such a wonderful community of bloggers. I will post my list as soon as I can :)
Thanks so much!
hey girl! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today :) It's always wonderful meeting another peanut butter fan... and a teacher nonetheless! that's what I'm going to school for now.. so basically, you and I are twins :)
Congrats on the awards girl!
Have a great day!
Jenny
Stopping in after seeing you on a couple of my bloggy friends blog (Nicolosa at Low Expectations for one). Heading off to read more of your posts. Have a great night.
Congratulations!! Isn't it great to feel validated!?!
Thanks for being so honest about your ten things. It was interesting to read...especially the part about your brother hitting you in the head with a flashlight. Mine did the same thing, except it was to the crown of my head. I was about three years old and he was nine and pretending to be a police officer. I still have a good sized dent in my head and will have to think twice if I ever decide to shave my head! :)
-Pigtailed Teacher
www.pigtailedteacher.blogspot.com
Post a Comment