This is what I call "positivity"

"We all need loving the most
when we deserve it the least"
don't know who said that, but I like it!

We all know that students respond well to praise, but sometimes our praising could use a little sparkle & pizzazz!
Instead of saying "good job" next time, try one of these

Excellent * Fantastic * Remarkable * Super * Hurray for you * I'm proud of you * I bet you're proud of yourself * Great * Beautiful work * Nicely done * Way to go * Wow * That looks spectacular * Marvelous * You did it * Great discovery * Outstanding * You rock * Exceptional * Well done * Bravo * Terrific * Neat * Looking good * Now you've got it * You figured it out * Awesome * You're on the right track * Nothing can stop you now * I knew you could do it *Fabulous * Stupendous * Phenomenal * Sensational * Magnificent * I'm impressed * Amazing

And if you want put some icing on that praise cake why not give some more specific praise

I noticed that you did your homework every night this week * I appreciate the way you followed my directions the first time * I saw that you helped clean up the mess on the floor * I really love the way you came right away when I called your name * You did a nice job hanging up your coat and backpack * You really tried to use your best handwriting * I like that you wrote 5 sentences in your journal

And everyone appreciates a little lovin'
Give your students a...

hug * high five * smile * thumbs up * wink * shoulder pat * handshake * nod * clap * funny face




3 comments:

Nicolasa said...

I love giving specific praises because it makes the most impact on them!
Great post!

Theta Mom said...

Praise is always a good thing!

teacherwoman said...

A little praise goes a long way. I love giving the more specific praise... just seeing their eyes light up is amazing!