And she's back in the game!

I am so happy to announce that I am rejoining the ranks of "real" teachers as the new support services teacher for my school! WOO HOO! It took a lot of patience to wait for their decision, but I am in! I will start the Monday after our fall break, which is the first Monday in November.

I am hoping to meet with the special services team this week to go over scheduling and job details so that I can prepare next week during my time off. It is a .75 position, so I will do 21 lessons a week instead of 28 which is what full time staff members do. That works out to about 4 45-minute blocks a day with some prep time (hopefully!) as well.

I am so excited to start this position because it just feels like it is meant to be both because it is a new challenge, yet something I know I will be good at. I am sure it will take some getting used to, but I am really looking forward to having the opportunity to work with older students. I think the most difficult part is starting a new position over a month into the school year because I missed out on all the new teacher orientation stuff and will still have to learn the ropes of being a teacher at the school while learning the new position at the same time. Being a TA is very different, so there is still a lot about the school and staff I have yet to learn.

Thanks for all of your kind, supportive words of encouragement as I waited and waited and waited to hear about this job! I really appreciate all the kind thoughts and confidence in my skills as a teacher based on my writing/stories on this blog. You guys rock!

8 comments:

Nicolasa said...

woo hoo! I am so excited for you! Congrats!

Karin Katherine said...

congratulations Katie!

itsawrap said...

Congrats on the new job! I knew you would get it.
I see you're reading Pedagogy of the Oppressed which is an excellent choice. I just finished it and the banking concept is very eye-opening.

Jen said...

Yay!!! Congrats and GOOD LUCK!!! You'll be Great!!!!

Kelly said...

YIPPEEE!!!! As soon as I saw your comment on my blog I was like YES!!! SHE GOT THE JOB! I'm really excited to hear how you like working with the older kids/what the different challenges are. I am technically certified to teach reading K-12...but let me tell you I'd have NO clue what to do with middle school/high school kids- not to say I wouldn't learn, but there would be some serious learning haha.

Julianne Hendrickson said...

congratulations! very excited foor you:)

Beth P. said...

Awesome news! Congrats!!

HeatherOz said...

Congratulations! Way to go!