Random Thoughts

I am feeling a bit blah today. Not in general, just with regards to the idea of going to the gym and working out. I just don't feel like it. I find that sometimes I need to take a few days off in order to get re-motivated. My eating has been not so great lately with daily doses of coffee, Nutella, and chocolate which are foods that I don't normally eat, but have been while living in the hotel. We are moving out on Saturday and I am looking forward to a fresh start. I have definitely enjoyed the nice breakfast spread that we have had access to for the past 6 weeks, but I am also happy to go back to more "regular" eating which will be a bit healthier. Although I love Nutella, I know I cannot buy it and keep it at our apartment because I will get into the habit of dipping my spoon right in there several times a day. Not so good. When it comes to Nutella, chocolate, and peanut butter my rule is definitely that it's better to just not have it in the house/apartment.

I still have not heard anything official about the job, but one of the teachers who currently works in support services was asking one of the third grade teachers about me yesterday. Good thing I at least have her keeping me updated or else I would start to think they passed over me for this position as well. She said that the SPED teacher was asking how I am doing in my current position and trying to get a feel for what I am like to work with. Apparently she really likes to do this "her way" and was a little disappointed/annoyed when a teacher in the past, who was also a parent at the school, was hired and tried to make a lot of changes. I like to think that I am definitely capable and creative, but if I am taking a position for 8 months, I would not try to go in and make waves or change everything according to my own personal agenda. I can definitely go with the flow and work within a system that is already in place while at the same time bringing my own ideas in a collaborative and not pushy/over the top way. But still, as of today, no interview has been planned....

Tomorrow our stuff finally arrives, so we are spending the day with the movers telling them where our boxes go, unpacking, organizing, and getting the apartment ready to move in! I am so excited to finally be able to sleep in our bed and have the rest of our stuff. I look forward to basking in the enjoyment of having all of my shoes, pants, bags/purses, and books again. It may sound silly, but I cannot even tell you how excited I am to organize my new desk!

Our first German lesson went well. It seems like a hard language to learn, but the teacher is nice and we can really customize our learning to fit our own needs. It's funny though because my husband and I are so different, the two of us don't pick it up in the same way. I realized last night that I really need to just take care of my own learning and not worry about his because I think I corrected his pronunciation a few too many times for his liking. It's hard to realize that I am the student and not the teacher!

Right now I feel like a cup of tea and a nap! We have been staying up too late and it's taking its toll! I feel like I have to relax today in order to gear up for the weekend ahead! Saturday is a holiday so stores are closed and they are closed Sunday as well which is typical, so not only do we have to move and unpack tomorrow, but we also have to grocery shop for the next few days and get a TV. I have been trying to cook more and so it takes time to think about and plan meals according to my schedule and my husband's busy schedule where he sometimes doesn't get home until 8:00. I love cooking, but it's hard to plan a meal which will get eaten at two different times...I am not a fan of the European late dinner and can last until about 6 before I am starving. Needless to say, we often don't eat dinner together, but at least I am cooking. Not having a microwave, freezer, or Trader Joe's impedes my dinner laziness!

Enough rambling! I'm out!

1 comment:

Nicolasa said...

I think it is perfectly fine to take a day off from your work out routine! You definitely need time to recharge and get re-motivated!