NaBloPoMo & A little Christmas on Halloween



I am joining up with Jen and participating in National Blog Posting Month!
I post a lot, maybe not daily though, but I think this is a fun challenge nonetheless. Maybe I will find some new blogs to read and maybe some new readers will find me!

I think this would be a good time to open up my topic list and bring in some different material/subjects. I don't want to change the focus of my blog during the challenge, but I want to include a lot of variety.

I am thinking of incorporating a few familiar themes:
teaching
the new job
fitness
exercise

With a few new/different themes:
more on food
recipes
inspirations
goal setting
poetry
travel
maybe even a vlog (video blog!)


Just throwing some ideas out there as I want to keep my audience interested!

Enough of the housekeeping and on to the real "post"

Yesterday hubby and I visited Rothenburg, Germany, which is one of the best preserved medieval cities in the region, also known for it's year round Christmas spirit. Sure, around the holidays, the local store owners surely kick up the volume on the Christmasy atmosphere, but even in October, it was alive with the holiday spirit.

I had a ball visiting all the little shops which were wall to wall explosions of ornaments, Nutcrackers, hand carved wooden nativity sets, decorations, candies, toys and much more. I seriously got a high off the stuff. So fun! Unfortunately, we were not allowed to take photos inside the stores. I really wanted to share the beautiful holiday tree and toy displays, but I am not a rule breaker. I think hubby snapped a few shots with his camera phone, but I haven't seen them yet.

Here are some of my favorite pics:


I could move into this store...seriously

For some reason I love German doors. They have such character.

Hugging the Teddy outside the Teddy Bear shop!

Have you see that new camera that has an LCD display on the front so when you take a photo of yourselves you can see what it will look like before snapping? We SO need one of those!

But then a nice girl offered to take a picture for us, so this one looks normal!

Check out these views!
Don't forget to leave lots of comment love to keep me going this month!

7 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

Katie
We went there this summer when my parents and niece were visiting. I love it there so pretty and we also went to Fussen I love there too. I'm excited for the Christmas market I don't know if you lived in Germany last year but no matter where you are they are amazing.

PS Sorry about poor punctuation and run ons. Teacher blog alway make me nervous!

Nicolasa said...

aaah NaBloPoMo! I had seen that before and had no idea what it was. Now I know and I am joining in! I want to talk about different topics than I typically do, soooo this will be my chance to!

Karin Katherine said...

Okay, thanks to you and this post I had to go online and order that camera. Gesh!

Great photos!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I found you through Nicolasa's site, I'm always looking for more teacher sites to visit. :)

What beautiful pictures, looks like an amazing place. And how fun to be able to teach in a foreign country - my mom always wants me to do that but I don't have the guts.

Ha that camera is cool and would totally come in handy! :)

B. Wilson @ Windy {City} Wilsons said...

Rothenburg is beautiful. We visited about a month ago and plan to go back with the fam who will be visiting us here in Germany in December. It's fun to see your photos too. Excited to hear about your teaching job-- and a little jealous because I'm in lonely Germany too and don't have a teaching job until we get back to the states...

Jen said...

Those pictures are amazing!! Makes me want to go to Germany!! I am so excited for NaBloPoMo!! So excited you've decided to join!!

So fun!!

Sandy said...

Beautiful pictures and a great post, Katie!