***Thanks to everyone who answered my Blog Hop question yesterday. I think teachers have an automatic bond with each other and it is interesting to hear about what other educators struggle with because we can look to each other for support since we all have different reasons to feel challenged in our profession***
__________________________________
As I was running on the treadmill listening to my favorite all time "get pumped" workout song, I realized my playlist is way old and I am in desperate need of some new tunes! I am so out of touch with current music in the US and I need some suggestions of what to download for a new updated workout playlist! I like it loud and fast to keep me moving.
What is your all time favorite workout song that gets you pumped up?
Any new songs that are really good that you think I should download?
I am not against Britney Spears or anything else that anyone would deem possibly too cheesy.
I have been known to rock it out to Miss Hannah Montana, I always appreciate a good Disney Channel star turned singer.
Suggest anything that you like and I will listen!!!
The playlist I was listening to was one I made when I was participating in a women's boot camp class back in Portland. We had to run a timed mile the first week and the last week to see how much we could improve. I always brought along my music on the test days because I am convinced the right song mix seriously enhances my performance.
Seriously.
Anyone else with me on that?!
So my mix consisted of three songs. (I was aiming for a fast mile!)
O Fortuna
The intro of the Rocky Theme Song
O Fortuna (repeated for the big finish)
If you are not sure if you know O Fortuna....trust me you do. It is frequently used in movie trailers, such as Mall Cop. Still not sure? Have a listen, I included a video below.
Turn up your volume and get blown away!
There is definitely a wait for it quality to this song.
It builds up to a great ending.
This may seem like a really random selection to run to, but I swear it was magical. I literally got goosebumps while I ran. And, I ran my ass off! I tried to keep up a good pace throughout, but there is a part of the song starting around 1:45, we'll call it the climax, which motivated me to bust out in a full on sprint to the finish. I had no idea what those voices were singing about, but I felt like they were singing directly to me telling me to run fast.
This video shows a translation of the words and boy are they intense. Since I really don't understand the lyrics when I am just listening, I just prefer to pretend they are singing something wildly inspirational!
Still think this is a completely rando running playlist??
My mile time was 6:27
better than high school
best ever
:0)

4 comments:
Wow very impressive mile time! I like Beyonce and Pink. hate to admit but Miley Cyrus Party in the USA is pretty good too!
I know this is bizarre and very counterintuitive, but I can usually run about a 5:30 with Sufjan Steven's "Illinoise" album. I breath better with music that's a little slower.
Hey Katie!
I've been reading your blog for quite some time and finally decided to post a comment! First of all, I like you am from Portland (still live here in fact) and secondly I admire your passion for teaching. I receieved my degree in Education and sadly have never used it. Reading your blog has made me realize how humbling of a profession you are in and how sad I never pursued it after graduating. Anyway, I'm mumbling....keep up the amazing posts! :)
Now to your question... I'm having the same trouble with my exercise music. I have found lately what gets me motivated is any Black Eyed Peas (love Fergie)or any 80's rock music ... how about some Pour Some Sugar on Me..
Kanye West's "Work Out Plan" song is always fun!
As is - Rock Your Body- JT
Mr. Brightside- The Killers
Dirty- Christina Aguleria
The list goes on...
Post a Comment