I am feeling the Christmas spirit today (mostly because I just watched the most recent episode of Grey's Anatomy which was infused with Christmas music...anybody else confused by that considering it's only November??). Germany broke out the holiday decorations right after Halloween, and since Thanksgiving is not celebrated here, I am feeling ready to move right on to Christmas.
I have been rockin' on NaBloPoMo and posting everyday, but for some reason today I feel stuck for ideas today, so I am reposting some holiday craft ideas from last year. Back then, I don't think anyone actually read my blog. I thought these ideas were so cute, but I didn't get any comments, so I am hoping this time someone else enjoys them too!!
All of the ideas shown below are from the holiday arts and crafts section on familyfun.com.
Inspired by an idea from the Hales family of South Jordan, Utah, this bubble packaging countdown calendar offers a daily burst of fun, so you'll probably have to make one for each family member.
To make a Christmas countdown calendar, cut a tree shape with 24 bubbles from bubble packaging (as shown), use glue dots or double-sided tape to attach it to a piece of paper, then decorate circular stickers with markers and adhere them to each bubble. Have your kids squeeze a bubble to start each day of December with a bang!

What could be homier than a pair of mittens drying on a clothesline? This card idea, from the Mollette family of Uniontown, Ohio, was modeled after a card that had been given to a coworker.
CRAFT MATERIALS:
8 1/2- by 11-inch natural-colored paper
Rubber cement
Fabric remnants
String
Cardboard
Pencil or pen
Scissors
Hot-glue gun
Mini clothespins
White glue
Tissue paper
Time needed: Under 1 Hour
1. Start with a piece of 8 1/2- by 11-inch natural-colored paper. Cut each sheet in half to make two cards, and cut to fit another, lighter-colored sheet, rubber-cemented to the paper as the background for the mittens.
2. Draw a mitten pattern on cardboard and cut out multiple mittens from fabric remnants. Using a hot-glue gun, attach each end of the string to the background sheet, then clip the mittens to the string with mini clothespins (available at craft stores). Use white glue to attach small squares of white tissue paper.

You will need:
Ink pad with nontoxic brown or bronze ink
Plain notecards or card stock
Craft glue
Googly eyes
Mini pom-poms, brown and red
Brown marker
Use a thumb or fingertip to stamp 3 reindeer heads on each notecard. Glue on googly eyes and pom-pom noses (including a red one for Rudolph, of course). Finish by drawing antlers.


5 comments:
I officially don't pop in the Xmas cds until after Thanksgiving, just on principal. I ADORE Thanksgiving and want to give it it's due. :)
Thanks for the craft ideas... as the world's most UNcrafty kindergarten teacher, I'm always looking for ideas.
The thumbprint reindeer are right up my alley and my class will LOVE it. :)
Love the craft ideas. Going to start gathering supplies and helping my kids make some of these. Thanks! If I had been a follower of your blog when you first posted the craft ideas, I would have commented on them. :)
I am a pretty un-crafty Kindergarten teacher too, but i love those ideas, so cute! I do like to make cards, they provide much more instant gratification than scrapbooking haha
These craft ideas are cute! I, too, was very confused about the Grey's Anatomy episode this week as well... if they did a Holiday one this early does it mean they won't have a new show until after the new year?
Great Holiday ideas! Are you doing Thanksgiving? Weird to have school and work that day. We are gonna try and do our best. Have a wonderful Sunday.
Post a Comment