30 Day Challenge

If the NaBloPoMo wasn't enough, I am throwing an additional challenge into the mix. When I dedicated myself to posting everyday throughout the month of November, I mentioned that I wanted to keep it interesting and post about a variety of topics.
Fitness is not something entirely new, but there's a new spin to it because it's
a fitness challenge!

I know many of my bloggy buddies are familiar with Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred workout program.
We love her right?
Well, in the true "30 Days" fashion (are you familiar with the show that came out after Super Size me? Where "a person takes on a new identity for 30 days in order to see the world through a radically different perspective and to illustrate the complexities of a social issue".....), I am going to do a little experiment with Miss Jillian's program. Ok, so maybe my experiment is not really going to reveal the complexities of a social issue, but I plan to do major shredding and take notes on the process.
I know... it's gonna be fabulous.

Here's the deal. I've got 30 days and 3 levels. Normally, I like to mix it up and I don't do the levels in order, but this time, I will.

Here's how I'm gonna break it down:

10 days of level 1
10 days of level 2
10 days of level 3
equals 30 days!

I am wondering if the name of the program, the 30 Day Shred, has any validity. If I consistently do her routines for 30 consecutive days, will I be shredded?

I am curious to see if the routines become really boring since the same workout is repeated over and over before moving on to the next level.

I am curious to see if the workouts really do get easier if done consistently. (I have yet to complete one without feeling like it completely kicked my butt!)

I am curious to see if I can ever get beyond baby weights for the side lunge anterior raise exercise in the third circuit!

I am curious to see if devout daily Jillian worshipping changes my body and truly results in a shredded physique ala Britney in the 2000 VMA's when she tore off her tuxedo outfit to reveal a nude sparkly outfit and a slamming body...

just in case you need a reminder or a little motivation to hit the gym....

Anywho...

I will say that I am not only going to do the Shred because I would like to incorporate some biking as well, but the goal is to shred daily for 30 consecutive days in addition to some other (light) cardio. I am not making any changes in my diet (except trying ::sigh:: to give up Cola Light), so any changes should reflect the results of her program.

I took my measurements tonight (waist, hips, thighs) and I will measure again at the end of the month. I also weighed in this morning and will see if any lbs are missing a month from now.

I know for sure that I am going to need some major encouragement because I have owned his workout DVD for over a year and have never stuck it out for an entire 30 days.

When I am dying to skip a day, to give up, or to result to easy cardio instead of shredding I am turning to you, my bloggy buddies, for support! So bring on the 30 day challenge LOVE!!

I would like to post a weekly update to let you know how I'm doing and I would love for someone, anyone, to join me for the challenge!

6 comments:

Beth P. said...

Good luck with the shred! I have been on and off that bandwagon multiple times and just decided I need to get a little cardio under my belt before I'm at it again. I hope you are very successful and feel "shredded" by the end!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Do you think I can find the video in Germany? I need to shredded big time. Good luck you are a brave girl.

itsawrap said...

I absolutely love this DVD workout. I'm currently on Level 2 so I'll be sweating right there along with you. You won't see dramatic results but definitely feel and look stronger.Let's do this!

Julianne Hendrickson said...

I LOVE the book! Lots of great/easy recipes. Also, lots of fun stories intertwined throughout it. She is hysterical--no page goes turned without a smile from the reader :)

Nicolasa said...

Oh man, I have been trying so hard to get back into that! I bought at the beginning of the year and loved it and need to try again! Good luck! I'll be rooting you on!

Traveliztera said...

wow... good luck! :D

how many pounds have u lost since u started ? :D i'm just starting the program tomorrow although i've done a lot of gym stuff for the past 3 months. i just want to experiment on this ... i'd love to know the results u had :D