I will admit that this past week I did not do awesome with my 30 Day Shred Challenge. I did Jillian's Banish Fat & Boost Metabolism on Monday and Shred level 1 on Wednesday, but that was it for the week. I rode 60 km on the recumbent bike between Tuesday, Friday, today and started to work some running into my routine as well. I am happy with my overall level of workouts, but my goal was to do the Shred at least every other day and I didn't.
I must have been distracted by the new kitchen and the cookie baking!
This week will be better.
Last week I rocked the no Diet Coke effort. This weekend, I slipped a little. So far this month, I have only had 4 which is much better than having it daily, so I figure I am still ahead.
The only goal I have made decent progress on this week is my school work. I finished my cultural autobiography yesterday and annotated 2 more of my sources for my annotated bibliography on multicultural education sources.
My goal for today is to create the annotated bibliography for my global literature course (10 books on the theme of perseverance) and to try to get some more of my research paper written. Despite my super organized strategy with the labels and folders, I am still having writer's block when it comes to piecing all the research together and writing the actual paper. It comes in waves and either I can do it very easily or I am totally stuck.
Right now, I am totally stuck.
For some reason I am usually most productive late at night when it comes to writing papers. I still have a few weeks before it's due, but I would prefer to get it done and turned in so I don't have to think about it anymore.
Sidebar: Don't you hate it when you are doing a research paper and the article or book you read refers to 80 other researchers and what they did or said, so you are constantly having to track down those sources as well if you like their quotes or ideas. Unfortunately, most of the great ideas I am finding are not from articles which I can usually find online and print, but from books that I have to purchase if I want to get the information from the original source because I don't have access to any libraries with books in English besides the school library which would not have the kind of books I need.
See why I end up spending a fortune from amazon.de???
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

4 comments:
I definitely hate that too! Oh I don't miss being in school at all haha.
Anyway, good for you for being productive late at night. I can't get anything done after like 7pm haha
I wish I had your dedication. I wanted to share a quick note about diet coke. Up until late last month I was a big time Diet Coke drinker one or two a day, but my drink of choice. While we were on a train in Italy met two doctors traveling with their wives. Long story short I was drinking a DC and one of them told me a story and I haven't had one since. He said that the Nutrasweet break down to a methyl alcohol and formaldehyde. Thats all I need to hear. He said it's better to have a small real coke instead. Just an FYI !!Have a wonderful Sunday.
I definitely think 4 sodas in a month is way better than one every day! You'll get there some time soon, no worries!
Good luck with your paper. I have to work on one too, suck!
Oh the research papers. One thing I don't miss, and one thing I am not TOO thrilled about with going back to school next semester!
Way to go on cutting back on the Diet Coke. Very impressive considering you used to drink it daily. :)
Post a Comment