Nürnberger Christkindlesmarkt

Last night some friends and I went to the opening of the Christmas Market in Nürnberg. It was so fun! During the holiday season (last week in November through Christmas), each town/city has its own Christmas Market. The one is Nürnberg is quite big and was definitely jampacked with lots of people and holiday spirit. Not to mention half meter long sausages! Whew.

I took a lot of pics and posted them on my other blog, but I know you guys enjoy seeing bits of Germany as well. Here are a few highlights:

This was how big the crowd was watching the presentation of the Christkindle (Christ's child) angel that sets off the Christmas Market season.
drinking some Glühwein (special holiday wine)
lots of Lebkuchen (gingerbread)
handmade walnut people

The children's market had a few rides
We are going again next weekend! Can't wait.

3 comments:

Nicolasa said...

It all looks so beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Formerly known as Frau said...

So pretty....great pictures! I love the gluhwein!

Courtney said...

Looks like fun. I love following along on your journeys in Germany.