Still Not Feeling Ready

Students come on Tuesday and I still don't feel like I am ready or my classroom is ready. Being part time means a lot of time spent in training during in-service week and not a lot of time working in the classroom getting ready. I have spent a lot of time this week trying to pull things together, but when my four hours are up I am usually dashing off to get Baby Sneaker from daycare, so I don't have the "luxury" of staying until I get things done. And, I've mentioned that taking her to my room is like having a baby tornado tearing things down, so that isn't exactly an option either. Since my classroom photos don't look very different than they did a few weeks ago, I am opting to share some of my favorite back to school books.

A few of these are new to me this year including Too Much Glue and What if Everybody Did That. The message in Too Much Glue is more a tribute to creativity rather than the cautionary tale about using too much glue that I hoped it would be, but it does have a little bit of that. I thought it would be fun to read before we use glue for the first time.

I am hoping to get back into my room this weekend to get a few final things done. I have to say...having my own laminator at home has been SO useful! I spent a few hours last night getting things done, but I was able to do so in my own home while watching TV. So much better than the limited laminator use at school.

What are your favorite back to school books? 
What is the very first story you read to your class?

1 comment:

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

I love to read Pete the Cat on the first day :) We do a Pete the Cat tour of the school and it's a lot of fun.

Anyway, I'm totally with you... my kids come on Thursday and I am SO not ready... don't even have a cute kid to blame, just could not motivate myself this summer! I do have some time Tues and Wed to get things done, so I'm going to hope for the best by Thursday! I think part of it is one of my aides from last year is now a first grade teacher and her room looks SO cute and ready. But then I remind myself that she is a first year teacher who spent the entire month of August in her classroom ha ha. I could've done that too, but I didn't :)