Neuschwanstein Castle was amazing! I took this picture as I stood on the very wobbly Mary's Bridge that was high over a little waterfall... It was a little scary, but the view was so worth it!
It was truly magical and it's amazing to me that a beautiful castle like this exists only 3 hours from where we live! We didn't get to ride in the horse drawn carriage because we were told that the wait was too long and we would not make our tour time if we waited, so we walked the forty minute (uphill) trail, which I think I actually liked better because we got some exercise in!
We were not allowed to take pictures inside the castle, but we got to take pictures of the view out the window. A-ma-zing!
It was so picturesque, lush, and green!
We stayed the night in Austria (just over the border) in a cute little hotel and drove back today. We pulled over a couple of times as we drove out of Austria because the views were gorgeous! The water reminded me of Neverland. I only have a few more weekends with Mr. Sneaker before I pack up my sneakers and leave for OR, so it was wonderful to have such a glorious weekend together.
At the hotel I spent a good amount of time finishing up this book, which I will post some thoughts about tomorrow.
How was your weekend?


1 comment:
Wow! I would like to visit any part of Europe someday. Oregon won't be the same! Enjoy the rest of the summer while you have it!
Post a Comment