I think you should all run out and invest in Amazon stock because I am doing my part to keep their business booming!
Thanks for all of the detailed feedback on my question about The First Six Weeks of School. I haven't gotten that many comments on a post in awhile and I love your blog love!! The majority of the comments indicated that this book offers a lot of great stuff and many teachers return to its wisdom year after year for back to school inspiration and help with teaching routines and developing community in the classroom. And, many of you who really like it and find it useful teach Kindergarten, so you sold me on it. When Mr. Halpern and Kelly say it's good...I am willing to bet it will be great for Kindergarten!
::blog hugs to everyone commented and gave me excellent info!::
Back to single-handedly keeping Amazon in business...this purchase gave me a prime opportunity to try out my new Amazon Student account. Anyone who is a student (with an .edu email address) can sign up for this new type of account that Amazon is offering. By registering, you get a free year long trial of Amazon Prime which gives you free 2-day shipping. I always get super pumped and excited to receive my books once I order so I heart 2-day shipping. I have had this benefit for the past year through Amazon.de and it is absolutely glorious to receive stuff so quickly. Why waste gas going to the store with that type of service?
So in the spirit of getting my hands on some motivational/organizational reading for my return to teaching in the US, I ordered both of these...
![]() | |||||||
I will definitely post my thoughts/opinions once these bad boys are read, highlighted and properly flagged!
I love books more than chocolate....seriously. These beauties will be happily waiting for me upon my arrival on the 15th. Have I mentioned that I am not going to live in the dorm...I have a wonderful friend who has offered up her guest room and I was more than happy to forego walking down the hall to the bathroom that is shared between strangers and living in a box for a much more friendly place that comes with a super fun roomie :0)
If you wrote a book, what would it be about?
It's one of my life goals in addition to running a marathon, making a quilt, and being a super teacher/wife/someday mom



7 comments:
My current unhealthy obsession is coconut M&M's, but that's another topic... :) If I wrote a book... wait, I DID write a book! I'm currently editing it with a friend... :)
You and I might be single-handedly keeping Amazon.com in business!
I feel like I never have time to read teacher books! I'm in a book club and so most of my reading is fiction. I need to do more school related reading...
Yeah I also have a seriously problematic book obsession. After my wonderful angels last year I am afraid I am going to be slammed with discipline issues so I've been buying books about positive discipline and setting limits like it's my job. I should really buy stock in Amazon. And Staples. And any store that sells containers.
I hope you like the book. I definitely don't follow it exactly, but I think they have great ideas for K. It's hard to start at the beginning when they have no clue what unifix cubes are and stuff like that.
The teacher books I'm currently reading are Mentor Texts (fabulous lessons!) and The Daily 5...keep us posted on The First Six Weeks of School. Happy Reading!
Gladys, that Mentor Texts book is like my bible! I LOVE it!!
I just started to read Classroom Discipline and The Advisory book both from the Responsive Classroom website. Loving them both! and one of them talks a lot about morning meetings - they call it The Circle of Power and Trust! love it!!
http://originsonline.org/
Post a Comment