all the pretty mamas...all the pretty mamas

(Did you read that title with the rhythm of all the single ladies?? because that is totally what I was thinking when I wrote it!) 

Oh how I wish I had the musical stylings of Weird Al Yankovic so I could cleverly change the lyrics to reflect a witty parody on motherhood, but I just don't think I'm that creative. 

I would rather spend my time writing about how special my mom is. 


So many mothers have shared with me that the gift of motherhood is the best gift in the entire world. I won't argue with that, but I will say that having a wonderful mother is also a pretty terrific gift. The tradition of motherhood starts with having a mother before becoming one and being a daughter to a thoughtful, loving, caring, and giving mother is what will allow me to become a good mother myself when the time comes. 

My mom is a friend, a shopping buddy, a teacher, a listening ear, a support system, an honest opinion, a caretaker, a problem solver, and much, much more. Despite the miles that separate us, we remain very close at heart and I know that I can tell my mom anything. I wish I could do more to make this day as special as she deserves, but I hope that she knows just how much she means to me!

I love you Mom!
Happy Mother's Day

3 comments:

natalee said...

Love that!!!!

Kelly said...

Such a nice post and I love the picture of you and your mom from your wedding- you both look gorgeous! I love your dress!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Beautiful post! Your Mom could pass for your sister!