Books, Papers, and Finales...oh my!

I am happy to report that the sun has found its way back to Germany! Finally, it is warm and bright and not cold and rainy! I am very pleased with this change because I was getting a major attitude about the foul weather despite the fact that it's May and almost June! I expect good weather during these months! Although last year we were visiting Germany on my birthday at the end of June and it was very cold and yucky out. Being a June baby, I always expect supreme birthday weather and the chill was not to my liking. This year, we will be in California for my bday, so I am planning for lots of sun, a fantastic pedi, and some sushi. Can't wait! Whoa, birthday tangent...can you tell I really get excited for my birthday?

This is what I am staring at right now!


On the flip side, I am not happy to report another follower has bitten the dust. Followers are dropping like flies! I think my mention of steering clear of posts about everyday life and sticking only to teaching is turning people away. I guess I need to spill some more interesting dirt about my ever so fascinating life....so, I have decided to take a week long trip to Abu Dhabi with my three best girlfriends where word has it I will run into my ex and deal with conflicted feelings over having married the man that he hates...oh wait...that is Carrie Bradshaw....
In real life....
Mr. Sneaker is enjoying himself in  lovely Paris and sent me a cute photo of himself in his new sunglasses asking if I like them. I love my husband! Last night my friend Jill came over and we enjoyed a pint of Ben & Jerry's Half Baked which was purchased at our local gas station mart for 7 Euros. Yes, people, that is equivalent to $8.80 for a pint of ice cream, but American products can be spendy like that and are totally worth it every once in awhile. I mean, how good is Half Baked! There are brownie chunks and cookie dough chunks! There is actually still 1/2 of the ice cream left and Jill said I could have it because she left this morning for a trip since we have a long weekend. Can you guess what I am having for dinner tonight? 



I finished my errands early this morning to leave the rest of the day open for paper writing and reading. 

These are my latest teacher reads.
My professor mentioned The War Against the Poor during my skype session and I totally ordered it from amazon during class while I was still skyping...nerd alert! I have been waiting for My Kid Can't Spell for about 3 weeks now, so I am excited to read it. It's actually pretty thin, so I bet I can finish it in a day. Hopefully that means it is concisely packed with fantastic information to solve all of the world's spelling problems....

 I'll let you know!


I am also hoping to get some page time with this book I am currently reading off the top 100 children's novels list. 
So far, it's pretty cute.


This is where I will be chilling for the remainder of the day until it is time to skype with my class later.


It is actually almost too sunny and I can barely see my screen due to the intense brightness shining down on me, but I am not going to complain about that I will enjoy every moment of uncomfortable squinting. 
Notice that a full day of school work requires Cola Light. 
Actually, what day doesn't? That whole idea of giving it up...not successful!

***

Also, I just have to say
Holy Grey's Anatomy finale!
Did you watch?
Were you gripping your seat?
Crying?
Experiencing heart palpitations?
...or was that just me?!

I am really excited for The Biggest Loser finale on Tuesday and will probably wake up at 5 on Wednesday morning to catch it live from our California streamed Tivo. I voted for Jaris and I hope he makes the final three! I think I am rooting for him to take the whole thing, but I am mostly excited to see all of the contestants since they have been home. I am very interested to see John and James (the twin brothers), Shay from last season who is coming on to show her continued weight loss, and Sunshine!! (I really thought she was going to make it to the end). Who are you rooting for??

Ok, time to get some work done! Have a great Saturday.

6 comments:

Courtney said...

I am still following. Have a wonderful weekend!

Formerly known as Frau said...

My husband is in NY and keeps calling me to tell me what he is eating...like good Mexican food! But he is getting rained on and I have a sun burn from running my errands! Feels good to have the sun out again.Have a great long weekend.

Ashlee said...

I'm glad you liked the quinoa cakes! They have sucha a different, but good, texture!
For the monster cookies, you can just add extra chocolate chips instead of mixing M&M's in, and then press the colored M&M's on top before you bake them. When I do M&M cookies, I do that often so I don't have to buy as many M&M's, and also the chips taste better in the cookie, I think.

Katie @ Miss Klohn's Classroom said...

I am so rooting for Jaris too! I think he has not only made a complete lifestyle change, but he has also basically felt like an entire new person. I know that he would be such a great husband, I just wish he was closer to me!!! Hahaha! I am interested to see if Ashley and Mike end up becoming a couple!

I also remember reading the Phantom Tollbooth when I was in about the 5th grade and I loved it! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

Jen said...

Hi Kaite! To answer your question. I use Adobe Photoshop.

Seems like you are a busy girl!! Good luck!!

Beth P. said...

Holy moly that is a lot for Ben and Jerry's. I would DEFINITELY spend that much on it too, though. Lol.

I love the Phantom Tollbooth! I'm glad you're enjoying it so far.

Grey's was insane!!! What a great finale! I am excited for Biggest Loser too, I think I want Daris to win as well. Although, I wouldn't mind seeing Mike do so amazing he wins it all! I really can't wait to see Shay from last season!