Ahhhh (a big sigh of relief)

By no means is the stress entirely over because I got a new student on Friday, am getting another new student tomorrow, and I have parent teacher conferences for 43 families this week, BUT, I just emailed off my last big paper of Winter term and I am really, really happy about that. I still have to do a presentation of my research findings on Thursday, but it only has to be 12-15 minutes long and that is the ONLY academic task that I have left this term. Woo hoo! This last paper took a long time to really figure out and I am so happy it is finally done. I also completed the draft of my core paper done on Saturday during the "writing retreat" at my class. The core paper is a 30-35 comprehensive paper that applies the four "core" doctoral courses to an area of interest in education. Once my advisers approve the paper, I will have to defend it, which is pretty intense, but I am so excited to complete that first major doctoral hurdle! I am still playing catch up with my colleagues since I was in Germany last year, and my crazy busy course load is due to that. Several of my cohort members have already successfully presented and defended their core papers, so my goal is to do that at some point during spring term!

The final countdown is on and I get to see Mr. Sneaker on Saturday! We get to enjoy a whole week together and that makes me even happier than turning in my last paper of the term! We only have three days with students this week, then training and conferences on Thursday, and a half day of training on Friday. I am really excited for Friday afternoon when I am getting in my car and driving away from school at noon! I will have more than 24 hours of purely blissful me time before hubs arrives and I don't even know what to do with myself! There are so many possibilities and I can't even remember the last time I was able to just enjoy my time without homework and reading hanging over my head.

If you had 24 hours to yourself, what would you do?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yay, no more homework!! How nice - and happy reuniting with your hubby!