Naughty and posting from Class!

My day was packed full of conferences, yet surprisingly it went by really fast. I really enjoyed talking with parents today and having good conversations with them about their kiddos, their jobs, and myself. Several parents were actually interested in talking to me about my doctoral program and many gave positive feedback about how much their children are enjoying being in my Kindergarten class. I had several very successful conferences in Spanish and I felt like I understood exactly what the parents were saying and what they were asking me/needing from me which is not always true when I conduct conferences en espaƱol. I had a great feeling the whole day and I know that I am connecting really well with these families. They are awesome and I feel really lucky. Several parents specifically commented on how they liked my personal alphabet and how fun it was to create it and my classroom blog got LOTS of love <3 <3

I also found out that the PSO gives $250 to each classroom teacher for additional materials and since I teach two classes, I get twice that amount. I am so psyched about that and can't wait to do some shopping at Lakeshore this weekend (after I get LOTS of sleep of course!) I can also apply for additional funds if I have a special project in mind like the literacy bags I am planning to create. 12 more conferences tomorrow and then I am going to soak in the bliss of a completely relaxing weekend! TGIF!

3 comments:

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

Yay! I can only hope my conferences go so well next week! Usually mine do, but I still get nervous about it :)
Our PTA used to give us money too but they are struggling this year like everyone else! Then again it's probably good, I have too much stuff as it is haha

Jen said...

We have parent conferences next week. It's always a long day. I am glad yours went well.

Wow!! $250, that is huge! I think we get 25, well I don't because I am not a classroom teacher. I think it's great you have PTO that supports you as teachers!! That's great!

Sarah said...

Yay!!!! I love having free money to spend :)

And yay for the parents noticing what a great teacher you are!