Before moving back to the states, my friend Jill gave me a stack of books to read and I am furiously making progress. I always read a lot--even during the school year--but the nature of my reading content is pretty different now than it is when I am reading for school (university courses). During the school year I read about teaching, learning, special needs, language acquisition, policy, curriculum, instruction, etc. Now, I am enjoying some very light "fluff" reading and I love it. In the past three days I have read Something Blue, Baby Proof, and The Undomestic Goddess. When I read books like these I tend to want to just curl up on the couch (or in bed...or on a lounge chair in the sun) and read for hours. It only takes me about a day and a half and then I am on to the next read. I just (in the last 10 minutes) finished The Undomestic Goddess (which is by the same author at the Shopaholic series) and I have already selected the next victim: Bed of Roses by Nora Roberts. Mr. Sneaker also bought me two books when he was in London, but they are a bit more heavy than silly romantic mindless stories so I am saving those for when I am done with my girly reads.
I almost feel guilty about the amount of time I have spent reading and relaxing in the past week, yet the truth is, I have nothing pressing to do. The "to do" lists have not come to a complete halt because there has still been loads of laundry, organizing, and grocery shopping, but there is much more idleness going on and I love it. I am kind of craving a little more "teacher text" so tomorrow I may also tackle The Reading Teacher I got in the mail awhile back.
Also, tomorrow evening my mother-in-law and grandmother-in-law are arriving for a visit which means tomorrow will be a full day of cleaning the apartment and getting everything all nice and shiny and dust free (with some breaks for reading time!).
It is such a nice feeling to be hanging around on a Sunday night knowing that I do not have to go to work in the morning....

2 comments:
I agree! And Sunday nights are completely ruined during the school year....
Happy cleaning and happy reading!
You must have the same looking bookshelf I have. I think I read all those books last year. This week I got the reading bug again and read 2 books (I have a 4 year old, so my timeis limited) and started a 3rd. I have 3 more weeks to get through the stack...yeah, right! Enjoy the mindless reading - it's the best!
Post a Comment