Online Shopping

I finally started my holiday shopping today. After rethinking my plan to leave all my shopping for December 20th-23rd once I am in CT, I decided to order dabble in some online shopping because it will make my life so much easier.

I am so thrilled to be able to shop for my niece this year, because buying stuff for little girls is oh so much fun! My sister in law mentioned some good options, so I began hunting around online this morning before my meeting. One of the things I was looking for was at Pottery Barn Kids so I was browsing their fantastically adorable products. Little did I know how much "play kitchens" have improved since I was little. I think of the little plastic Fisher Price kind of kitchen, but no, Pottery Barn offers this:

And let me just say for the price, it ought to come with a little slab of granite!
Maybe play kitchens like this one turn little ones into the next Rachael Ray!

Pretty fancy, huh?

I also fell in love with some of the little fabric food items they have for sale!
Again, expensive, but SO adorable!!

Check out these puffy cookies. I would assume those cookie cutters are not sharp since this seems meant for little little ones.


And how about these totally charming puffy cups of hot cocoa complete with puffy white marshmallows? Love it! Putting those marshmallows in those cups also offers good dexterity practice!

These two items are sold separately, but I would probably have to get both because I can't decide which is cuter! Puffy cupcakes or a puffy three layer cake. So fun!

I did have a special request for some Melissa & Doug wooden play food, so I didn't get any of this stuff...this time.

Also, because the item I was hunting for at Potter Barn was backordered, I came across these as an alternative. Make sure you look at all the choices because they are SO cute. I am not going to say which one I chose on the chance my sister-in-law reads this, but I would love to know which one is your favorite! I actually like these ones better than the ones available at Pottery Barn because that selection was quite limited, yet there are so many choices here. Not to mention, I was excited because shipping is free with Amazon, so I was able to get all of my niece's Christmas and birthday gifts for reasonable prices and free shipping. When I get home to CT, they will be waiting for me.

No stress. No fuss. No crowds.

I love online shopping!

7 comments:

teacherwoman said...

I think I am doing about half, if not more, of my christmas shopping online this year. It's wonderful! And, I have been able to find better deals online for some products than in stores. Gotta love Amazon!

Karin Katherine said...

Etsy.com has the BEST felt foods. We went through a felt food phase and I can personally attest to the selection, quality and price.

LOVE that Pottery Barn Kitchen. It was enough to make me want to junk the fantastic one we got last year to get this one...but then reality and sanity hit me and I'm just enjoying from afar.

Julianne Hendrickson said...

I love the sweet alligator :) I am partial of course...

Also LOVE the cupcake and cake pillowy figures--SO FUN! Can't wait to have children to shop for, oh wait...did I mention that will be in YEARS!

tutor gal. said...

I absolutely love the cupcakes in the box, what a fabulous gift!

I must say I am enjoying your blog and reading about your experiences.

Formerly known as Frau said...

I'm sure she is going to love her gift! Little girls are really fun and easy to shop for! I have so much shopping to do when I get to States! But I'm excited just to walk in a real store of my liking! HAve a wonderful weekend!

Kelly said...

I love Christmas shopping online! Those kids presents are so fun :) I can't believe the amazing kitchen!

How long are you going to be in CT for? You must be so excited!

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

Wow, that is a gorgeous kitchen set! I might like it better than my real one... or maybe not. But it is still very cool.

I have bought most of our Christmas present through Amazon and taken advantage of my Prime membership. I know I have definitely gotten my $79/year back from all the free shipping I've taken advantage of this year. It's almost too easy, dangerously easy.