Anyone familiar with the American Girl books? I am working on a project for one of my classes and I am just wondering what reading level those books are appropriate for? I read online that their Lexile level is somewhere in the neighborhood of between 500 and 700, but I am not really familiar with Lexile scores. On another site they were listed as being appropriate for ages 7 and up, but they seem like they would be too hard for most first graders.
If you are familiar with these books and can tell me a little more about what age level, grade level, or reading level they are appropriate for, I would greatly appreciate it!
Thanks!

4 comments:
I had American Girl books in my third grade classroom. The kids loved them! I think they also had them in the 2nd grade classroom. I worked at a private school though, so the reading level was a little bit harder.
Hope that helps!
I think they are end of second grade/third grade. I read them with a girl I tutor. I'm sure SOME 1st graders could read them, but not the average.
Lexile level of 500-700 I think is around the 2.5 - 3.0 grade level. I would say a good reader in 2nd grade could handle them, and it would be something more of an easy read for 3rd graders. Just my two cents.
I think they are good for 2nd and
3rd graders too. Try http://bookwizard.scholastic.com/tbw/homePage.do
I've used it to help level some books in my classroom library.
Post a Comment