By crazy coincidence there is a first grade teacher at my new school who will be taking a maternity leave this winter. In Germany, a woman can take up to three years for maternity leave while her position is held for her. I was hoping that something like this would happen, so I applied for the leave position as soon as I got home. Right now it is posted as 8 months with the possibility of being lengthened. Wouldn't it be great if she decided to take all three years??? I know there are a few other applicants, but I am hoping that my experience of having taught first grade for the past three years will bode well for me. I think that the principal and director will interview applicants and they would also like to see sample lessons.
Fingers crossed!

6 comments:
Good luck!
WOW!! What a GOD thing!! Will be praying for you!
Oooh! Good luck! 3 years maternity leave, wow!
Good luck. This is a wonderful opportunity!
That is a God thing! I am praying for you! And, thank you again for continuing to share with us how it is in Germany.
I'll pray the best for you. I trust that there will be balance for you to do all the things that you want to do.
Post a Comment