Cooking Challenge!

We are currently staying in a hotel in Germany which is our temporary housing until we find an apartment we like and can move in. We will most likely be here for a month or so. We have a little kitchenette space and I just ventured to cook our first meal last night. I found many different varieties of packaged fresh pastas, like ravioli and gnocchi, at the grocery store that only take two minutes to cook once the water has boiled. Combined with some different sauces, I have enough for about 3 meals, but we are getting pretty sick of pasta with sauce!

I need your help!

What kind of meal would you prepare given these conditions/supplies:
(It's like a Top Chef Quick Fire challenge!)
  • very limited refrigerator space (it's about the size of a dorm fridge)
  • no freezer space
  • 2 burners
  • 2 small pots
  • 1 small frying pan
  • 1 spatula type utensil
  • 1 small cutting board
  • 1 small knife

So far it seems that the grocery store has most products/foods that we have in the US. Not the same brands of course, but pretty similar. Some brands are even the same (I saw Snickers, Red Bull and a few others).

I would love to incorporate more meat and vegetables/salads into our meals because I feel like I have not eaten enough vegetables since we arrived and I can't remember the last time I ate meat!

If you have an idea, post it in my comments! Thanks!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I will have to think about it to come up with some ideas for you, but seeing and reading this, is going to help me quit griping when my family is trying to help me in our small kitchen. I am just spoiled!

Pigtailed Teacher said...

How about change up your pasta menu and add in a yummy grilled cheese sandwich? If you add tomatoes or some seasoning to it I bet you could call it a "gourmet" grilled cheese. You could even use your other burner to heat up some soup. Now that's almost downright fancy in a small kitchen!
-Pigtailed Teacher
www.pigtailedteacher.blospot.com