Reptile Show

Right before leaving for Germany, I went to a reptile show sponsored by the local library's summer reading program with a few of my students. I invited all the students who were in my class this past school year, but only a few came. I tried not to take it personally--I know the summer is a busy time for many families. My favorite "Little Miss" (I will call her Hannah b/c she loves Hannah Montana) was one of the kiddos that came, so I was a happy camper to hang out with her and see all the reptiles.

There was a "petting zoo" portion of the show where kids could touch a huge snake and an alligator, but she wanted none of it. She did, however, want me to touch them all. Fortunately my terrible fear is of amphibians and I am okay with most reptiles.


At the end of the event, Hannah and her mom walked me to my car. I got good hugs from both of them, and just as I was about to shut the door, Hannah called out, "I love you!"
Another moment with Miss Hannah that I will never forget.

Sometimes certain students that we teach touch our hearts and our lives in a way that we will cherish forever. Miss Hannah is one of those students.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Aw...so cute. Those are the moments that make it all worth it.