MckLinky Blog Hop

Welcome Blog Hoppers!
The topic of this week's MckLinky blog hop is to share three things about yourself that readers do not know....

1. I LOVE to be crafty. I would not necessarily call myself skilled, but I love all things arts and craftsy. I have been known to dabble in scrapbooking, stamping, making cards, knitting and cookie decorating.

This photo shows a baby blanket that I made for my niece. It is the easy to make fleece tie blanket, but it was the first time I ever made one and I think it came out super cute!

I made these decorated sugar cookies for a baby shower at school.
These decorated onesie cookies were for my sister-in-law's shower.


2. I met the actor, Chris Burke, who played Corky on the television show Life Goes on who has Down syndrome. He was a guest speaker/performer at a local Buddy Walk which is a fundraiser for children with Down syndrome. He is in a band and was performing on stage. The little girl I was with, a former student, wanted to go up on stage and dance so we went together and had a blast!



3. Every year my husband and I volunteer for Special Olympics and are the Co-Directors of the Bocce competitions (2 regional and state) for Oregon. We began our interest in Special Olympics at Villanova because our college hosted an event for Special Olympics in Pennsylvania. I had so much fun working with the athletes (who are elligible for Special Olympics based on some form of mental retardation) and that is what initially started my interest in special education. I now have a master's degree in special education and always request to have students with special needs placed in my classroom so I can work with them.


***

MckLinky Blog Hop



11 comments:

Erica said...

Just stoppin by to say hey those cookies are super cute, you got some real talent there. and I think it is so wonderful that you volunteer :)

Unknown said...

With having a sick child I really I really commend your work with the special Olympics, that's awesome! And I love crafting too!

Tammy On the Go said...

love you! I was a 1st grade teacher for 7 years..staying home now! but really miss it.

TheAtticGirl said...

I LOVED the show Life Goes On! How neat that you got to meet Corky! Happy blog hopping!

http://www.atticgirl.blogspot.com

Courtney said...

Thanks for sharing. I love the cookies you made. I am not a expert at crafting but I enjoy it and find it very relaxing!

Anonymous said...

Hopping by to say Hello!

HeatherOz said...

Hi!
Visiting from the blog hop! I am trying to visit at least 50 blogs from the blog hop and say "HI" to all of them. I decided to visit 25 blogs before my blog link and 25 blogs after my blog link.
Nice to meet ya!
Heather

ps: I love to scrapbook and have been scrapping since I had my 1st daughter (9years) and i could really use some cake decorating help! We are thinking about making a tiered cake for my other daughter's first birthday!

a49erfangirl said...

I love working on little craft projects. I love scrapbooking. I think it's great you do things with Special Olympics.Which reminds me that my son turned 8 and can now be in Special Olympics.

Bitter Sweet Moments said...

I love the onsie cookies. Happy Tuesday!

Night Owl Mama said...

blog hopping what wonderful experiences you have love your pictures and sure wish I wish I had time to be crafty too.

the brown couch said...

Poppin'over from Brown Couch Events
browncouchevetnts.blogspot.com

and Comfort Joy Designs
comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com

Deborah

P.S.
You are invited to my Stella & Dot Jewelry Party happening all week at Comfort Joy Designs! Hope to see you there!