I am just going to go with what is on my mind right now...
I am so excited because I found this website!
The International Women's Group was first created by 8 women of different nationalities because their husbands worked for adidas-Salomon. Because the group became so large it became a non-profit organization in 2000. The groups purpose is to:
- Help integrate new, international families into the Nürnberg, Erlangen, Herzogenaurach areas;
- Provide women with a forum to make friends;
- Foster intercultural exchange;
- To have fun together.
How perfect for me! I posted on the blog portion of their website indicating that I would love to become part of the group once I move and I got back two emails from women in the group who are on the board.
One woman who emailed me is actually from Oregon! She lives in the exact area where we want to move (close to FIS) and she was so helpful in providing pertinent information such as:
- When you rent an apartment, there is nothing in the kitchen, you have to buy it yourself. It is literally an empty room.
- There are no light fixtures, window coverings, closets or cabinets in any of the rooms.
- Most people do not have dryers, they prefer to hang everything to dry.
Those are some important things to know!
It feels so great to know that there is a group specifically created to help people like me who are moving to an entirely new country and are a little overwhelmed and worrying about meeting people and getting along okay.