Job Offer

I received an offer from the school which guarantees me a TA position for the fall. The last email I got from the principal said it will most likely be in third grade, which makes me a very happy camper. I guess placements are not guaranteed until August, but I am hopeful that third grade will be my spot. One of the third grade teachers is actually also from Portland and taught at a district close to mine. It would be great to work with her because I am sure we have a lot in common. This is still all dependent on their ability to obtain a work permit for me.

I am now starting the process or wrapping my head around what the next 6 weeks will look like. I have lots of organizing to do both of my physical things and my thoughts. My husband does not want to officially make any announcements quite yet, so it is just our time to make sense of it all before we officially announce it to friends and colleagues. Given this process, I feel like nothing is 100% for sure until it is actually happening so even now, I can't say anything is "for sure."

Today is my first real day of summer vacation because ever since school let out we have been away. I woke up at 4:30 because of the 9 hour time difference, so I am trying to go full steam ahead with productivity until I crash later. I've got emails to send, friends to catch up with, cleaning, and lots of laundry to do. My poor husband has to go to work today which will be tough given the drastic schedule change. At least I know I can lay down at any point during the day when I need to. Being productive can be tiring!

Thanks for all the kind words in response to my most recent posts. This is quite a process and encouragement is always a great source of revival and support.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the offer! That's great !

Jen said...

Yay!! For the TA job! I bet it's tough being in a place of limbo but I am sure it will all work out as it's meant to be. Enjoy your time off! I know I've been enjoying mine!! I don't know how I am going to start back to school and not have my afternoon naps!! Lol!!

Karin Katherine said...

So excited for you both. What an amazing opportunity and I have no doubt that you will use it to the fullest.