Let it snow

Since we are not getting any real snow (unlike many other of you lucky ducks who have had recent snow days), we needed to make some of our own! We gave our Kindergarten students a snowman project to take home and do with their families and the ones that have come back so far are totally adorable. We did a similar project in November with Turkeys and I just love the creativity and uniqueness of what comes back!




They are not technically due until Tuesday, so these are just a few of the early birds, but I wanted to share because I think they are so cute and really creative. Since we have to focus SO much on academics in our very limited time, we end up having to leave out a lot of the fun Kindergarten stuff. The family projects bring back a little of the fun reminiscent of what Kindergarten used to be like. I also love thinking about the kids completing these projects with their parents because I am sure that is very special for them.

This week has been all about getting organized for me. I have sorted through stuff, organized my shelves, and I finally got my act together to make some of the math materials that require cutting, folding, laminating etc. I typically think of myself as a pretty organized person, but recently I found myself looking around my classroom thinking, this is not good....

I feel refreshed now that things are more organized and after spending some time in my classroom after school today, I feel completely prepared for next week and I am looking forward to a three day weekend. So far, I have spent the majority of my time since getting home doing homework and there is still quite a mountain left, but hopefully having an extra day means I will be able to get out and do something other than reading and writing before returning to work on Tuesday.

6 comments:

Gladys said...

These snowmen are so cute! I know what you mean about being organized...it feels great when you get so much accomplished! Enjoy your 3 day weekend! ♥

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

Aww the snowman are adorable :) I don't know about you but the other thing I love about home projects is that the kids tend to have cooler materials at home than we have at school so they have the opportunity to be more creative.

Glad you got organized :) That always makes me feel a lot better going into a weekend.

A MilShelb Mom said...

Those are really cute!
~Maggie

Yoli said...

How cute! I too wish we would see some snow here in Central Texas. Three hours away from us Dallas has gotten snow this winter already. In a way I am glad we haven't used our snow days because we would have to make them up.

Katie said...

This is a really cute idea! Do you have a letter of some sort that you send home with families to explain the activity? If so, would you mind sharing it with me?!

Sarah said...

Those are adorable snowmen! What a great idea for a take-home project :). (And I too am jealous of all the teachers out there enjoying snow days!!)