Then I got a little curious and started playing around with some blog elements and despite the clear warning that one should save their current template before making changes--I did not. Now I have this new template and I am not sure how I feel about it. I like the layout a lot and I think it seems a little more open and not so squished in, yet in changing the template, I got rid of all of the other design elements that I had added like the cute font in my post titles and the Comic Sans font for all of my posts etc. Ugh! I know I can redo those things, but it is pretty time consuming and I am just a tad annoyed over the whole thing. I kind of want a combo of the new and the old. Oh well. My bad.
I do like how there are some additional options on the commenting section. I really like the ones that allow you to link to twitter and facebook, but my design function let me "try it out" then it disappeared and I don't know how to install it. I guess I will need to buckle down for another day of designing sometime soon.
::sigh::
I enjoy figuring out how to do different things and following tutorials to add fun elements, but it's pretty addictive and time consuming and I am just not up to it today. I cut my finger pretty badly last night, so I am just taking it easy today. I will post about the books I have been reading, but I felt the need to explain the blog changes that you will encounter today.
What do you think? Does it look better or worse?

3 comments:
It sure is time consuming but can be fun! I like it!
I think it looks better and I'm just amazed that you can even do this yourself! You go girl!
Don't be so hard on yourself it has a nice clean look and it loads faster for some reason on my computer.
I love it! New year - new header! My parents have been visiting so I'm catching up on all your awesome postings.
Post a Comment