Mrs. Mimi (you all know Mrs. Mimi, right!?) recently posted about a giveaway that she is doing with Little Pickle Press for one of their books which I just discovered are totally amazing.
Check them out!
![]() | ||||||
| Love it! |
![]() | ||||||||||||
| Love it! |
![]() |
| Love it! |
What I like about GLOBAL==> I really want to encourage my students to be open to differences and to appreciate other cultures/countries/languages/traditions. I always appreciate a good book that can help teach those attitudes. Description from Little Pickle Press...In this whimsically-drawn and thoughtfully-told story, 4 to 7 year old children learn what it means to be global by visiting the pyramids, eating sushi, celebrating Kwanzaa, and learning how to say "hello" in Swahili. The book is a conversation starter for parents and educators to teach children about the goodness in exploring, appreciating, and respecting other children's traditions, religions, and values the world over.
What I like about GREEN==> Oregon is all about sustainable resources and protecting our environment and after living in Germany for a year, I am definitely more aware of recycling (we recycle and sort 5 different ways!). So many of us go through life without a conscious awareness of how we are abusing our world and this is a great lesson to teach early on. Description from Little Pickle Press...What Does It Mean To Be Green? is a colorful, whimsical picture book that explores how children can help to protect the earth's natural resources each and every day. This colorful, insightful story, demystifies for children what it means to be green by helping them to view everyday tasks through an environmentally-friendly lens. The book empowers children to do whatever they can to protect the earth's precious resources. Don't be surprised if they start coming up with suggestions of their own for you!
What I like about PRESENT==> It sounds like this book does a great job teaching students how to truly be present when they are at school and to really appreciate life. Description from Little Pickle Press...This refreshing, vibrant picture book engages all of the senses to demonstrate the myriad of ways a child can seize the moment. The story sparks meaningful discussions about the important gift of appreciation, giving children and adults alike the opportunity to live more fully and richly.
I am excited to have discovered not only these interesting books but also a great company whose goal is, "helping parents and educators cultivate conscious, responsible little people by stimulating explorations of the meaningful topics of their generation through a variety of media, technologies, and techniques."
Which one is your fav?
Head on over to Mrs. Mimi's blog so you can enter to win one!




3 comments:
I think I am going to buy the Present one. I really like the message it sends, regardless of the age level.
That Present one looks great! My kids are older, so I guess it's silly to spend that much money for a picture book :P Good luck to you in the contest... I love Mrs. Mimi's blog!
These sound great! I can't wait to check them out. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment