Good Finds

After my disappointment in the stuff I received from Oriental Trading, I decided to head over to Michael's just to take a peek. $75.00 later....

They had some good sales and deals and I found some really good beachy stuff. I was disappointed to be reminded once I reached the register that teachers get an additional 10% the total purchase on FRIDAYS. I collected so much random stuff from so many different aisles that I did not have the desire to put it all back and go again tomorrow.

Check out my finds!

adorable beachy banner for over the whiteboard or at the top of a bulletin board-- $9.99

super cute musical instruments with fish on them!--$5.00 each


Cute beachy wooden pieces for word finding pointers-- $ .59 each
Cute drink cozies for holding pencils or markers--$1.00 bin
beachy magnets--$1.00 bin
games--$2.99 each
foam letter stamps
super cute dress up stuff (each was either 53 cents or 30 cents!!)
I also got some nice little bags in each color of the rainbow that I will use for keeping materials for certain activities that I don't want the kids touching until after directions are given. Each table in the room will be one of the colors in the rainbow (marked by one of the balloon lanterns I got that will hang from the ceiling). I got two of the same bags in white too for my birthday take home bag and my I lost a tooth take home bag.

I cannot wait to get into the classroom tomorrow and get to some organizing!

2 comments:

Megan said...

love the stuff you found at michael's- i'm forcing myself to stop the shopping for my K classroom. i am going to drain our bank account. lol hey from one K teacher to another, any ideas on classroom management or insight in to what the first week of school's like? it's been rough, let me put it that way. it's my first year doing full day K and i have 23 kids, many with IEPS and behavioral issues.

Courtney said...

Great stuff, I love going to Michaels.