The kind we used had two pockets and had "Return to School" and "Keep at Home" printed on either side which was helpful for organization. These were always ordered by my teammates, so I was really happy to get the link from Sunny. I decided that it would be cute to get the yellow ones for B.E.E. folders. Kelly made a good point that the words "family involvement starts here" are a little more complex for Kinder kiddos to get than "bring everything everyday" so I think that Bees win over Fish!
I decided to email my Kindergarten teaching team to inquire about what they might already use and one teacher emailed me back saying she has a brand new box of Nicky's folders on her desk that they ordered for this year. What a great coincidence! She said they ordered black folders and then they color code the classes by inserting colored sheets of paper in the front and black slots. Sounds great to me. Luckily black folders will still coordinate with the BEE theme and I can either just have plain colored sheets like they do or I can use the B.E.E. covers from the Busy Teacher's Cafe. I tend to go along with systems that teachers already have in place when I am the newbie on the team, but I do think that this year I will be a little more forward with my own ideas and I will try to experiment with them rather than always just going along for the ride.
It seems silly to think and worry so much about small things like folders, but I want everything to be organized and go smoothly. Thanks again for the suggestions!!
***
P.S. Sunny if you are reading this, thanks for all of your comments. I read all of your posts and frequently want to comment, but for some reason your page is not loading correctly on my browser and I am not able to post any comments. Just wanted to let you know because I appreciate your blog love and I wish I could return some to you! Your posts are great.
P.P.S If you don't already follow Sunny, check her out! www.thecaffeinatedteacher.blogspot.com


3 comments:
Aww *blushing*
I wonder if my new layout is why the page isn't loading. I will check into it.
Oh and the web address is http://thecaffeinatedteacher.blogspot.com for anyone reading. The other link is for someone else who hasn't used their blog since 2007! :)
We use the Nicky folders. I couldn't remember the name of them when I left a comment on your other post. I love them.
When I taught 2nd grade I had a bee theme since we were 2B. I always had a take home folder. I wish I had known about the BEE folder back then!
Thanks for letting people know about the Teacher Swap!!!
Post a Comment