Nothing Much...

Ah, it's Wednesday again. Wednesdays have a new meaning since I began skyping my class in Portland in the wee hours of the morning. Believe it or not, I actually am looking forward to it. There is something about getting up while it is still dark out. Something about creeping around quietly so my husband doesn't hear me. Something about making a nice hot cup of chai tea that I can sip contentedly as I participate in class while wearing my pj's. It's kind of fun! We are having three back to back guest speakers tonight (well tomorrow morning) and I am excited to see what they have to say.

The more I learn about teaching and how to be successful, the more I realize that the word positive is a word that I want to be at the core of my presence. I want to have a positive influence on the kids, a positive attitude, and positive results. I want to see education as a whole shift in a more positive direction, but the only control I have is over myself and my personal influence on others. I hope that my enthusiasm and positivity can be contagious and I want to show continued dedication to being a source of good in education.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That's a great attitude to have! I like getting up in the wee hours of the morning too. I never thought I was a morning person until I started ... well... being one. I like that alone time while everything is still dark and quiet ;)

Nicolasa @ {My}Perspective said...

This sounds great!