March Goal Recap & April Goals

March Goals
Health/Wellness Goals

  • Do pilates video 3 times per week: Partial Check. I kept up with this really well until our vacation by getting up 15 minutes earlier and doing the video before work..it is hard to keep up a workout routine while traveling. We did walk a lot but I only did this goal 3/4 weeks in March. Not bad though and I did notice results!
  • Strength training 3 times per week: Partial Check. I met this goal the first two weeks in March, then I only lifted weights once in the third week and not at all during our Ireland trip.
  • Continue with cleaner eating and also cut down on soda, coffee, sugar intake, and chocolate. FAIL! Try again?!My co-worker got me a case of real Diet Coke, I enjoyed LOTS of Irish coffee and sweets in Ireland. I am obviously having a really hard time with this one!
Personal Goals
  • I am still loving the To Do lists, so I am going to continue with that. Let's see if I can do better than 68% success this time. I didn't write To Do lists on vacation, so I had 21 for the month of March and didn't leave more than one item left undone on 16 of them. That is 72% success, which is better than last month! I guess I have been quite productive. :0)
  • Plan/Organize for our trip to Ireland. I would like to create a written itinerary (which I have already started) so that we are really organized when we travel.  I did the itinerary and felt organized, but I would definitely make a better one for our next trip. On most of the sites, the hotel/B&B addresses were not complete, which made entering them into the navigation in our car.
  • Try two new healthy recipes. Check! I made Wagon Wheel Soup and Sweet Potato Smash. Both came out really good and I would make them both again. 
  • Also, even though it was not a monthly goal, I did read two books for pleasure (reading at least one book a month for pleasure was a New Year's Resolution). I read Three Cups of Tea which I thought was okay and also a book about Differentiated Instruction. I was happy to finally get to the end of Three Cups of Tea because I had started it and put it down at least twice before. 
April Goals

Health/Wellness Goals
  • Trying the weight lifting again. I am already almost a week in, but starting this week I'd like to make sure I am lifting weights at least three times per week. Last month I alternated weight and cardio days, but this month I am thinking of trying to do a little bit of lifting everyday and alternating upper body with abs and lower body. Maybe that will work better?
  • Pilates. I did good with this goal but since it got interruped for our travel, I want to stick with it. 
  • Cut out sugar. A few years ago, I went over 100 days without having any sweets. Surely I had sugar in some forms, but I made a conscious effort not to indulge in cookies, chocolate, cake and all those goodies. I am going to try that again. I have a grand love of baking cookies, which always bites me in the butt because it goes along with a sweet tooth and love of eating cookie dough. No cookies this month! I like to keep a tally of days that I don't have sweets so I can see the number increasing...that helps me stick with it and not give in to temptations.
Personal Goals 
  •  To Do lists! I love them too much to stop. I like being able to look back and see how much I have gotten accomplished. 
  • Use Rosetta Stone at least three times per week so I can finally start speaking German!


Husband Goals  
  • Help JT stretch at least 3 times per week.
  • On Sundays prepare healthy snacks for JT to take to work. 
I feel like I always have SO many goals, but that is just how I am. I need something to work on, something to focus on, and something that keeps me motivated. Often my workout goals stay the same, but I am ready to actually start seeing some results and experiencing real changes! After 8 days of eating and relaxing in Ireland, I am ready to get fit for summer!



4 comments:

itsawrap said...

I think you did a great job tackling your March goals and April's are easily attainable. To me, the hardest is cutting out sugar. I have no problem giving up cookies, sweets, etc. but I love my fruit, medjool dates, and maple syrup. Do these count as sugars in your goal plans?

Formerly known as Frau said...

Katie you did great on your goals for March I bet April will be even better. I admire you for being so on top of things, I have totally done a 360 and I'm not proud.

Julianne Hendrickson said...

I love to bake too...but I love to do it more than I like to eat it...isn't that weird? I guess I get it from my momma :)

Kelly said...

Awesome job with your march goals! I love that you have "husband goals" so important!