Super Sweet

I am pretty pumped about my new Erin Condren Teacher Planner. 
I chose this cute apple design for my cover. I added my name and school too. 
What I really liked about this planner is that I was able to view a video of a teacher flipping through the entire thing so I could see the various pages and what is offered. It's difficult to find a planner that suits my needs, so I usually make my own. I decided that finally becoming Dr. Sneaker merited a splurge. And by splurge I mean spending a whopping $77.35 on this baby (which will either be deducted from graduation money or reimbursed by my school district since it is indeed a school related expense). 

The base price is $59.00, but I got some add-ons including extra double-page checklist spreads ($7.50) and a pen holder  ($2.50) plus shipping ($8.35). 

It was so excited to receive this pretty baby in the mail that I already started filling in dates based on my school year calendar. 

Take a look...

Colorful tabs to make everything easily accessible. 

  I will definitely be adding some items to these Year at a Glance pages today when I meet with my Kinder team. 

 This is the layout for weekly plans. Lots of open space. I don't think I could fit all my plans on these pages if I taught full day, but for half day I will surely be able to write down everything within the spaces. I already jotted a few notes for first day activities. 

 These are the pages that I ordered lots of extras. I plan to use them for checking in HW, documenting data from my behavior chart, and organizing assessment data for report cards. I think I will section them off so I have a bunch of pages for each grading period. 


I love all the little teachery quotes throughout the planner. Colorful and inspirational.

Although definitely not a reasonable cost for a teacher's budget, I do think that this was a fun splurge. Will I buy one every year? That depends on how it works out, but I definitely like it. I am always striving to be more organized and I think this will help me to have all the info I need in one place. There are also many pages for notes after each monthly calendar which will be great for meetings. That way when I take notes, I won't lose the rando piece of paper I bring because I can write them in my planner and then refer back to them if needed at a later time. I also love the graph paper because I can keep track of my seating arrangements and keep a record of it so I don't (gasp) put a child at the same color table twice during the year! 


4 comments:

Becca Morris said...

I am so jealous! I love her planners, but I am working on transitioning to all online planning. I use Planbook.com and I really love it. There is something about writing in a colorful planner with colorful pens, though.

✰Becca
Simply 2nd Resources

Denise said...

I love the looks of your planner! Make sure you keep us updated on how it works out for you throughout the year - I might consider the investment for next year. I adore things with that trinity: organized, useful, and super cute!

Raye said...

I just got one of these also. I LOVE it and can't wait to use it! I worried a bit about the space but I tend to make my reading lesson plans really, really detailed and use planbookedu.com for those (and then print and keep in a binder) so I'm excited to see how this works. Definitely pricey but I think it is going to be something I may well be willing to splurge on year after year. I got the extra checklist pages too because I LOVE me some checklists!

The Big Apple Teacher said...

Yup I just got one too!!! I love it SO much. She saves you a little with all the coupons she sends ;) I used mine to order a matching clipboard and notecards.

Since your wallet is hurting, sign up for my giveaway for a free gift!!


Meredith
Diary of a First Year Teacher