Home Sweet Home

Since I don't have all that much to say about teaching at the moment, I thought I would show some of my home spaces. Who doesn't like at peek into someone else's home? 

I'm starting with Baby Sneaker's playroom. In our previous home, we had a much larger space, but it doubled as my office. Her current playroom basically houses her toys, but she has the run of the entire first floor. We do spend a good amount of time playing in this room, but she also spends a lot of time exploring other areas as well. 

I did a little before and after shot. The top photo is what this room often looks like during the day. The bottom shot shows what I wish it looked like all the time. How cute is Baby Sneaker putting a diaper on her baby doll? 



A closer glimpse at some of my favorite parts of this room.


I asked for these alphabet cards as part of my baby registry. I think they are so cute and I love the teachery touch it puts in the play room. We never put them up in the previous house because I wasn't really sure how I wanted to hang them. I didn't want to frame each individual one, but I also wasn't really sure how to pull off putting them on a clothesline type deal. Luckily, this room has the perfect little ledge that they can lean on. When Baby Sneaker gets bigger she might pull them down, but for the time being she's not tall enough. 


We have two of these storage units from Target. I love putting things away so that the overall look is not total clutter. The baskets come in all sorts of colors and they are perfect for storing all the little toys, stuffed animals, and blocks. I like having the books more on display, so I keep those in the middle. Baby Sneaker can easily pull the handles to get the boxes out and access her stuff. 


My best friend got this Pottery Barn Kids Anywhere Chair for Baby Sneaker when she was born. I used it for her monthly photos and it was so cool to see how she went from a floppy little baby just propped on there to a 1 year old who could sit on her own. I stopped taking those monthly photos once she turned one, but she still loves to sit in this chair because it's the perfect size for her. She likes to sit on it with her little books. Pottery Barn Kids offers this chair in tons of different colors/patterns and I think a large and small size. I love that it can be monogrammed as well. My sister in law has a different chair for each of her three girls and I love that they each get their own with their name on it. Something special that can be just theirs. We'll definitely get another one when we add another baby to our family.


These mattresses went to a daybed that we previously had. We bought it in the US, shipped it to Germany and it got damaged. So, we got it replaced by the moving company, but we had to get the new one in Germany so the mattress size was different. We sold the bed and the Euro mattresses before we moved back, but we still had the original US mattresses. So, although it's not the prettiest sight, we have them on the floor as a nice little cozy place to lounge while playing. And a certain little monkey likes to jump on the bed, which is pretty fun since it's so low to the ground and not a big fall. On those early mornings when mama is just a little too tired, it's a great place to lounge while the peanut plays.

What do you think?
Do you want me to share more of my home spaces?

2 comments:

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

I love the playroom and not surprisingly my favorite part is those alphabet cards although I have also loved that chair since the first pictures you sent me haha. I'm considering getting one for my cousin who just had a baby girl :) Definitely share more!

HeidiSongs said...

I think that it's pretty neat that your kids HAVE a playroom- ANY play room! My kids had a bedroom, and when they were babies, the twins and their sister, (14 months older than they were) had to all three share a room. This room was decorated in early poverty with a touch of Hand Me Downs. :)
Heidi Butkus