Made it

I survived my one and only field trip of the year! The kids will go on another one in the spring, but I will be on maternity leave by then, so today was it.

We took a nice little 45-minute long bus ride to a pumpkin patch and spent the morning riding a train, riding a boat, picking out pumpkins, running through a hay maze, and then eating lunch before we headed back to school.

When we go on field trips, I have both of my classes at once, which is always stressful. I have a total of 38 kids, but 5 ended up not coming, so it was me and 33 kiddos. Luckily, we had a lot of parents who came along--27 of 'em.

Yep, you read that right....33 kids and 27 adults.

Good deal.

I don't take a group so that I can kind of go back and forth between classes since they only have one class at a time for the initial talk about the farm and the ride out to the patch. Pretty much each kid had their very own parent to stick with and only a few parents had to take on another child from the class. It was also nice to have a lot of parents because they take their kiddos home with them, so there were only 9 children left on the bus for the ride home.

I always have a fear that someone will get sick on the extremely long bus ride, but we had another successful puke free year. We did have one bee sting, but the little girl was okay and didn't have an allergic reaction. And, her mom was there, so that made me feel much better.

I successfully made it through the event without having to use the porta potty (which is hard for a preggo), but I just made sure not to drink a lot and used the real bathroom back at school.

The kids were all so excited about their pumpkins and it was a fun day.

But, I'm glad it's over.

Next up: Conferences tomorrow, Thursday, and Friday.

4 comments:

Mrs. Bee said...

we survived!!! You did great!!

Kerri Buckner said...

I'm super impressed you didn't have to use the bathroom. I would have and I'm not pregnant. Pretty sure whenever I do get pregnant I'm going to live in the bathroom.

Kaylees Education Studio said...

Wow 27 adults. It would be great if all field trips were like that.

Kaylee's Education Studio

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

Wow I am impressed! I would probably have to use the bathroom even not pregnant! Great that you had 27 parents :)

My conferences went well today so I hope yours do too! I still have a few more in the mornings this week and then finish up next week. Can't wait til they are over!