In my last post, I wrote about a book called Press Here that my kiddos LOVED. On Friday, during choice time, I was working with some children at the bingo stamper art table and we made a little discovery that bingo stampers make dots just like the dots in Press Here. We spontaneously started making our own pages with dots and directions like in the book Press Here. It was nearly the end of choice time when we started, but I have a feeling there is going to be some fighting over the dot stamp table next week. The kiddos were so into the idea of making their own Press Here books and they were coming out so cute.
We just had regular white paper, but I think I may cut some smaller paper and staple pages together to make books that they can fill in. I was doing the writing, but they were dictating what the directions would be and they LOVED it. Choice time is limited to 15 minutes once a week, but boy do I love all the creativity and enthusiasm that is filling the room during that brief time. I wish more of Kindergarten could be like that, which is why I feel that it's so important to squeeze it in once a week.

1 comment:
I just requested the book from the library :) I felt the same way about choice time last week. I brought some things in that I found on the beach at the Cape and the kids were obsessed with the science center, they were observing everything- using magnifying glasses etc, it was great.
Post a Comment