I had a student who was out all last week because he was pretty sick. The day I found out he wouldn't be at school all week, I had his classmates make him cards because he had to spend some time in the hospital.
After being out for 6 days, he finally came back today and it was SO cute to see how excited the other kiddos were to see him. One girl at his table kept telling me that she thought he should get to pass things out instead of her or the other table mate.
Several kiddos told this boy how excited they were to have him back and he literally bounded to his table and just dove right back into all of our classroom activities.
It was really nice to see how connected the kids are and how much care they show for one another.
Really sweet.
I am out of the classroom for a training tomorrow, so I prepped for my sub and I feel pretty good about leaving the kiddos for the first time. I am sure they will do fine and although it's hard to be out, it's always interested to see how they do with a sub. Hopefully it will show that they have all of our routines down and can just continue the flow without me!

No comments:
Post a Comment