On Friday I sent home a note announcing my pregnancy to my students and their families (with a bit of trepidation because Kindergarten is a unique year, especially for families who are sending their first child to school and I was worried families would be upset that I will be leaving and that the kids have to go through a transition).
Today a little girl from my PM class came in and gave me a present.
Her mom is also pregnant and she sent me a chocolate bar, decaf herbal tea, and some bath salts and said they are some things she has been enjoying and she hopes I enjoy them too.
What a thoughtful thing to do!
The kids mentioned my baby and asked if it's a girl or a boy. I asked them what they thought and the majority said girl.
November 10th should be the date we can find out... if Baby Sneaker cooperates.
P.S. 25 pages down on my paper and still trying to rock the rest out before Saturday!

4 comments:
Awww that is so sweet! I am sure they will do fine with the transition. It will be a good time to leave because everything will be set up and routines in place. We have a teacher out right now, she has been out all year and comes back next week. It will be hard for her because the sub has routines and procedures in place and Sunny will have to come in and start the year over.
You can do it!!!
Aww, that is so sweet :) We have problems at my school with parents being mad about these kind of things (god forbid we have lives outside of school) haha, but I think for the most part the parents are very supportive. Plus kids should learn to handle transitions :)
Good luck with the paper!
What a sweet story! And sooo nice of that mom :)
Post a Comment