Barcelona

Hola from Barcelona! We are staying at the Diagonal Zero Hotel and it's a really cool place. It scored major points for having an incredible breakfast spread. The hotel restaurant is very nice and the food included in the buffet breakfast is far superior to others we have had in our travels. There is an entire spread of fresh fruit that is already cut up (pineapple, cantaloupe, strawberries, and watermelon). Also a bowl of other whole fruits like apples and bananas. Usually the fruit options are not that great with not a lot to choose from or less than ripe choices, but it's great here. And, the fruit is just one section. There is also a spread of cheeses and meats, which is typical of a European breakfast, two sections of hot trays with eggs prepared different ways, bacon, sausages, some kind of cooked tomatoes, and Spanish tortillas. Another table has crepes with a divine chocolatey sauce. Yet another table has an assortment of breads and rolls with doughnuts and even some cakes. There is a fridge with yogurt and they even had Greek yogurt (my favorite!). YUM! And this is only breakfast people! We had some paella last night at a restaurant by the water last night that was seriously amazing. It took us about an hour to find the place and we were starving upon arrival, but it was so worth it.

We also enjoyed the hotel gym yesterday before we headed out to see a few sights and Mr. Sneaker is scheduled for a deep tissue massage later today at the hotel spa. Life is good. I am not really big on massages so I am going to hit the gym again while he gets in a little relaxation. I am reading a really interesting book about reading instruction so that makes the elliptical time go by pretty fast.

Today we are headed to a chocolate museum that tells the history of chocolate and has art pieces made of chocolate. Free samples? Yes please! Then we'll head to the Picasso Museum, which I am excited about. I am discovering that I am not huge on museums unless I have a decent amount of background knowledge on the subject matter, so Picasso should be fun and interesting. Yesterday we went to Parc Guell, which was designed by Gaudi and it was very cool. He does a lot of mosaic work in his structures and in a little shop nearby the park, I found some cool mosaic tiles with all of the letters of the alphabet. I got tiles with the letters of my last name for a sign to put outside my classroom. It will be a nice little reminder of our European adventures.

We are enjoying a variety of tapas (of course vacation food always ranks high on things to share) and I am excited to take in a few more cafes and sights today. I will post some pics when I get back so stay tuned!

3 comments:

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

Yay! Glad you are having a great time in Barcelona! I am the same way with massages, I'd much rather be at the gym. What book are you reading about reading instruction?

Unknown said...

I went to Barcelona this summer too! Glad you're enjoying! We had a great dinner in Barcelona at 7 Puertos ( I think that was the name, or something very close to that)!!

Sb Hotels said...

thanks for this post! Have a nice stay with us.

Best Regards,
Alex Hereza (E-commerce Manager Sb Hotels)