10 Questions


Today for my last post from Germany, I am copying Kelly's 10 Questions from yesterday:

What are you really good at? What are you really bad at?
I am good at writing, being thoughtful, baking, being a perpetual student, working hard, and teaching.
 I am really bad at decorating, navigating/finding my way around,  team sports, and being spontaneous. 


 Have you ever been in a car accident? What happened?
I have been in a few car accidents, but nothing serious. One time my brother and I were driving to school on the narrow back roads of CT and we slid on some ice and hit another car. Another time, I was in the car with my friend Lauren and we got rear ended. Another time, I was turning right on my way home from class in college and I rear ended the driver in front of me. To be honest, the most damage I have done is hitting stationary things....my husband will never let me live down the fact that I drove into a telephone poll when I was taking him to the train station early in the morning. Not proud of that one because I did it in my brand new car.

Why did you attend your college?
Having grown up in Connecticut, Villanova was the perfect distance in order to be "away from home" but to still be close enough that I could make it home without a lot of hassle if I needed to be home.  I didn't really have a lot of guidance when selecting a college and I actually applied to 2 other schools that were strictly business schools (didn't really have it figured out that I wanted to be a teacher until after I was accepted to the Villanova Business School, so I requested to transfer to the School of Arts and Sciences a few months before school started). Looking back, there were aspects of Villanova that I didn't really love, but I honestly think it was fate that I ended up there because that is where I met Mr. Sneaker.

Describe your morning routine today.
Woke up to Mr. Sneaker's alarm around 8. Usually I go back to sleep when he leaves, but I got up this morning because he needed me to sign some tax papers. I wanted to go back to sleep after he left, but I was starving, so I made myself some scrambled eggs which I ate while checking email, facebook, and reading blogs.

Have you ever snooped through someone else’s things? Did you find anything interesting?
Right now I am staying at someone's house who is not here, so it's kind of hard not to "snoop" through his things in order to find what I need. It's not like I am looking through his closet or his desk or anything, but I have done a lot of searching in the kitchen to find utensils, plates etc. I have to say, one thing I am really looking forward to is having my own kitchen again. There is something about using someone else's stuff that I just don't care for.


What do you think happens when you die?
That is a really interesting question.  I don't really think about that often. I guess it's one of those things I figure I will find out when I get there....

Are you superstitious?
 In some ways, yes. I definitely fear the jinx. For example, I worry that if I ever called out of work and said I was sick when I wasn't truly sick, that I would then get sick for something important in return. I am not too worried about breaking mirrors or black cats crossing my path, but I do worry. I guess I could call myself more of a worrier than a superstitious person.


Do people think you are younger or older than you actually are?
I've never really had people comment either way. I think I look pretty much my age, but I hope I continue to look my age now as I get older. ::wink::


How did your parents’ relationship influence you?


1. I believe in the value of hard work.
2. I think family meals are important for the sake of good communication and family bonding.
3. I think marriage requires a lot of give and take, which means it requires effort and shouldn't be taken for granted.

What were the three happiest moments of your life?
 This is really tough to answer.... I have to alter this a little to make it the three happiest moments of this year because I can't process my entire life right now.


1. Passing my core paper/defense
2. Reuniting with Mr. Sneaker after being apart for so long
3. Crossing the finish line of my first half marathon

Answer one of the questions in a comment!!
We fly for a long time tomorrow. Wish us luck!!
 

2 comments:

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

Haha we are so alike sometimes- I was totally indecisive between teaching and business too. I did apply to the BC School of Ed, but I also applied to Babson which is an all business school. I continued my indecisiveness in college because my second major was Communications. I think I only knew I wanted to teach when I did my full prac. Then I've questioned it several times since then, especially in my first year teaching haha

Sarah said...

I think we have the same answer for how your parents' relationship influenced you!!! :)