keep on keepin' on

It's officially starting to scare me how fast time is flying by. I was working on our itinerary for Barcelona earlier and when I looked up at the clock I realize an entire hour had gone by in what felt like no more than 5 minutes.

Jeesh!

Yesterday one of the new teachers who will be joining the staff at the international school where I used to work came over and bought a ton of our stuff as she recently moved to Germany for the new job. I sent a list of the items we wanted to sell to HR at the school to send out to new teachers and it worked out really well because this teacher needed a whole lot of stuff. She bought our guest bed, two cabinets, one set of bathroom drawers, the vacuum, hand mixer, iron, and ironing board. We are still trying to get rid of sell some more stuff, but aside from new teachers who just moved here, I don't know a lot of people who are in need of furniture. We get a 40 foot container to move our belongings back to the US, but we are shipping our car in that, so we only really want to bring back the furniture we originally brought with us in order for the car to fit. We are willing to part with most of the IKEA stuff we bought here, but it always sucks to sell stuff for a fraction of the price we paid...

The apartment is starting to look like a disaster zone because in order to sell cabinets, I had to empty them which makes for a lot of piles and bags of stuff sitting around not having a home. I can't stand the clutter and it's starting to stress me out. Not to mention, I can't even vacuum because I sold it. haha. The movers come next week on the 10th, so I only have to endure the clutter for a few more days (since we'll be away this weekend enjoying the sun in Spain). Once our stuff is moved out, we are moving into a different place for our last week here. One of Mr. Sneaker's friends is out of town working for the time being, so we are going to stay at his place.

I just got a new 10 punch card for the gym (which was easier than restarting my membership for just two months). I pay €50 for 10 visits to the gym which isn't awful, but since I got a brand new card on Sunday, I now have to hit the gym daily until we move to the next place because once we are there the gym is too far and I don't have a car. I am really not feeling up for a workout today, but I feel like I should go and make use of my daily punch! Hubs and I are supposed to meet up with a couple from the states who are considering making the move to Germany, so hubs will actually be home early from work today. That gives me about three hours until he is home in which time ideally I would like to workout, shower, and work on my paper. That's not gonna happen.

Ever since we got back I have been off the one a day bandwagon and haven't worked on my paper at all. Major fail! I have been reading a lot and some good ideas are floating around, but I  have just been off and haven't gotten it done. I am going through a phase with the mindset--it will get done when it gets done and I want to enjoy my last few weeks in Europe. But, I know once I get back to OR I have to hit the ground running in order to get ready for school, so I am hoping that I don't fall really far behind. Right now I have six pages, so I feel like I need to at least double that before I go back. Maybe once I get back from Spain I will change my MO to 2 a day....that way I could get 22 pages before I leave in addition to the 6 or so that I already wrote--not bad. There was something really serene about only feeling obligated to write one page a day and that was helpful. Now that I am behind I feel pressured and that makes me feel stuck in a rut.

Anyway, it's time to do something because I can't be lazy all day.

Have you been to Barcelona? Any tips on fun things to see or do would be greatly appreciated!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Good luck with all of that moving and paper writing! Yuck. I have been to Barcelona but I was about nine years old and the only thing I remember is that they sold something really close to donuts there. That wasn't much help but I'm sure you'll have a blast ;)

B. Wilson @ Windy {City} Wilsons said...

Ah, that paper seems like it's a pain! It's really cramping your European style. ;)

Everything in Barcelona is about Gaudí, pretty much. We went to the Park Guell, Olympic stadium, Montjuïc Castle, La Sagrada Familia (expensive, but my husband wanted to check it out...), and definitely the beaches. We loved getting lost in the streets because there was some incredible architecture. We loved the food culture and walked almost everywhere we went.

We did some shopping at El Corto Ingles-- their VERY large department store of like 8+ floors!

Have a wonderful time! I'm sure the weather is going to be excellent for you. Our trip is here: http://windywilsons.blogspot.com/2009/12/our-trip-to-espana.html (but I don't want to spoil all the fun for you, so maybe look after your trip.)