woot woot!

sigh

of

relief!

Adios to the most difficult three months of my life! Winter term was SO hard and I am so glad that it is behind me. I will have the same course load next term, yet I don't think it will be as tough....fingers crossed.

Today was the second day of student-led conferences and they went well, but I didn't get a break all day despite having blocked out 30 minutes for lunch and another 30 minutes for planning time. Since the kids did most of the work, I did get some planning and organizing done in between talking with parents, but I would have loved to have a good solid hour to myself and that just didn't happen. It was so fun watching my students lead activities with their parents and mimic some of the things I say and do in class. My little darling Dianita was absolutely PRECIOUS going through the activities with her mom. I cannot even express how much I adore that little cutie pie. Her smile was huge and she was so proud of herself.

I thought I would be done at 4:00, but my last scheduled conference went long and ended at 4:30. Then, a parent who was supposed to come yesterday showed up without her daughter just as I was about to leave, so I spent some time talking with her even though I needed to leave for class. I would never turn a parent away, but I ended up leaving a lot later than I had planned and then got stuck in traffic, so I wasn't able to get my favorite sushi dinner before class. No time for lunch...no time for dinner....geez!

We have one more half day of math training tomorrow and then I am seeing one more family for a conference before I am officially on spring break! I have nothing on my plate (yet a lot of little things I need to do to get ready for hubs). I have a date with Jilly tomorrow night and I feel like I haven't seen her in FOREVER.  I am totally ready for some well deserved relaxation and shopping!

1 comment:

Miss Kindergarten said...

Yay! good for you! enjoy your spring break :)