I have been MIA for the past several days because I have just been enjoying life. I had a wonderful, but short, visit with Mr. Sneaker. We relaxed, ate lots of good food, and reveled in our time to actually feel like a married couple again! On Tuesday, we spent the day working/cleaning at our house which is currently in between renters, and then enjoyed a long, luxurious foot treatment at a local place called The Barefoot Sage. The prices and the treatments are quite indulgent, so we only treat ourselves to a date there every once in awhile. Since we didn't spend either our anniversary or Valentine's Day together this year, we felt like we deserved to spoil ourselves a little. We each got a 30 minute foot bath, a 30 minute foot massage, and a paraffin dip at the end. We sat on a comfy sofa, sipped on hot tea, and fell asleep as we soaked in the pampering. I can't tell you how relaxed I felt. The feet are connected to absolutely everything in the body because it made me feel SO great. We followed that awesomeness by a fabulous dinner at a restaurant called Clyde Commons. Delish! It was such a fun evening and I loved being with my cute hubs. I only wish we could have more time together! It was nice to know that this will be the last 3-month stretch that we will be apart.
It has been wonderful remembering what free time feels like this week. I have read for pleasure, slept late, watched TV, and just felt more human than I have in a long time. Classes start again on Wednesday, so I am already mentally gearing up for another term. One more crazy term and then I am DONE with my required courses. Yay! I feel like I should start editing my core paper and reading more for my specialty paper, yet I am having a little too much fun with my free time and I think I deserve to just wait until spring term has officially started.
Right now I am watching the movie Burlesque and it is making me miss dancing so much--the costumes, the makeup, the routines--not that I was ever that kind of dancer...but I swear in another life I was a performer of some kind because I have this deep passion for musicals and dance performances. I never got into theater in school because I can't sing, but I absolutely loved the few plays that I was in. The dancing part is totally my thing, but being a good singer is kind of a big part of being in musicals so I never got to really live out the dream of singing and dancing on stage. Oh well. I can live vicariously through Christina Aguilera. (And I must say, she looks a lot better in this movie than she is looking in recent pics).
1 more glorious day of spring break to enjoy until it's back to the grind...

2 comments:
That foot treatment place sounds just lovely! I love anything massage related. It's my one weakness (aside from chocolate) in life.
Yay for husband time, too! :)
I love a good pedicure.....and hooray for spending time with your cute hubs!
Post a Comment