I need to get back into the blogging groove again, but my homework has kept me über busy recently. I have a paper due and two presentations on Wednesday and I finally finished up last night around 12:30 in the morning...ugh! I feel like I was inside all weekend doing work. I have been very stressed, but it feels good to have a stack of completed work and to know that there are only two weeks left of class and then I get a much needed break!
Things are going well in the classroom and hopefully that continues because I have a formal observation tomorrow. I am in a group of teachers who need to have one informal and one formal observation this year. I already had my informal and then another series of observations in January, so I kind of feel observationed out, but it is what it is. I got an email today indicating I need to have the observation done before March 31st and that it should be done during math time, but I asked if I could be observed during Fast Track Phonics instead. My principal had mentioned that she wants to see me teach a Fast Track lesson, so I figured I could kill two birds with one stone. I signed up for tomorrow because this is something I would prefer to do sooner rather than later. This week is already stressful enough, so I might as well add just one more thing. I don't feel the same way about being observed as I used to because I get a little more nervous now since I have been observed so much in the past two months, but I recognize that it's an important part of improving myself. I have to do a short pre-observation talk with the principal and then we also will chat afterward. I SO hope that things go really well and she sees improvement from the last few times she came in. She does have high standards, but of course I want to meet them so fingers crossed! Sometimes I feel like anything that can go wrong does when she comes in (even though those things are not typical) so here's hoping for a GREAT day.
My last job for today is to finally finish Mockingjay for my book club tomorrow. I can't wait to find out what happens but I just couldn't bring myself to read it until my other school work was finished! Seems like a guilty pleasure even though it truly is something I need to do!
Happy Monday!

3 comments:
Good luck with your observation! I'm sure you'll be great. :)
-Gladys
Once Upon a Time in First Grade
Good luck tomorrow! As a first year teacher and in an intern program I literally get observed almost weekly! It's pretty ridiculous, but what I've learned is that people don't expect my class to be perfect. If things go wrong, it's how you handle it that makes you look good! So it's okay if something unusual comes up because I bet you'll handle it magnificently! Looking forward to hearing how it went! :)
I get so nervous being observed- my principal has very high standards and it just makes me nervous even though it's usually okay. I have to be observed once this year- last year I got the whole year off and that was wonderful :)
I hope all goes well for you!
Post a Comment