I have a confession.
Before today, I had never read Knuffle Bunny.
I had heard of it.
I had read other stories by the very funny Mo Willems.
Yet, I had never laid eyes on the actual book and had never read the story.
Since my kiddos LOVE the pigeon books, I thought I would give Knuffle Bunny a try.
I am still not clear if it is pronounced kuh-nuffle or just nuffle, but regardless, my kiddos were enraptured.
My dramatic read aloud of Knuffle Bunny was immediately followed by Knuffle Bunny Too and they were so quiet you could hear a pin drop (that is, when they weren't laughing out loud!)
I love how the pictures combine black and white realistic images/photographs and illustrations.
I love how Mo Willems sneaks that silly pigeon into all of his books.
I love how kids think it's super hysterical when characters use baby talk instead of real words.
Needless to say, it was a hit and I feel the need to track down every book Mr. Mo has ever written because they are awesome! I think a Mo Willems Literacy Bag is definitely in order.
It's no wonder kids love his stories, he seems like he can relate pretty well to them...





4 comments:
Wow I have to get my hands on these books. The pigeon books are seriously my favorite. Probably on my top 5 list of books.
I have another book recommendation for you- the "Fly Guy" books by Tedd Arnold. The kids love them. I'm not even kidding when I say my kids are all reading them like crazy and they can read a lot of the words.
I love Knuffle Bunny!! I'm not surprised your kids love it too :) Mo Willems is seriously the best!
You need to check out Knuffle Bunny Free. It is the third and final book in the series. I LOVE his books.
The pigeon publications are critically my favorite.
What can we do when we have much free time? How about to play the online games? When we talk about the online game, we have to talk about the WOW Gold? Because the WOW is the world's most famous online game, every one knows that we have to get the Cheap WOW Gold to save money !
Post a Comment