Exhausted!

Whew. Today was quite a day. I had training from 10-3, which allowed me to sleep a little bit later than usual and get some errands done in the morning. I felt somewhat weird being out and about in the real world while my kiddos were with a sub. Even though I had a training, I kept thinking, what if I run into a parent...will they think I am playing hookie? One time when I had this same training, I went to the gym in the morning and it just felt too weird. Today I picked up a prescription, mailed a bday gift to my dad, and picked up my dry cleaning that I dropped off two weeks ago....better late than never.

Training was good, yet the group seem a bit unenthused. Well, I take that back. Part of the group is passionate and very vocal about the issues we discuss and the other part doesn't want to be there. It's pretty obvious when I look around that there are people who are not invested in the work and that makes me sad. I am really into it and I think it's really important, but since the outset the size of the group has continued to get smaller and smaller and people sneak out before the training actually ends. It makes the whole experience have a bit of a sour taste....

After the training, I stopped at the grocery store because my math lesson tomorrow has me teaching my kiddos how to divide (don't ask me why, I have no idea why that skill is taught in Kindergarten!).... so I needed to pick up real crackers so I have some semblance of a prayer of actually making that lesson clear to the kiddos. If they have to figure out how to divide 12 crackers among 4 people, then they need actual crackers to divide out so they can visually see how to do it and move the crackers around. I just spent the last 20 minutes counting out sets of 12 crackers and putting them in snack baggies.

That was a stretch for my brain to handle considering I had two presentations in class tonight and I feel totally wiped out and ready for a LONG rest. My first presentation was to share with my group a synopsis of the article that I wrote that I will try to get published once I make revisions based on their feedback from my presentation. Our goal for that particular class is to get an article published so I wrote mine about tweaking scripted curriculum to make it more culturally responsive. The presentation went really well and I got great feedback from both my teacher and the other people in the class.

After that, I had another presentation in my Organizational Leadership class, but I had to wait for 6 other people to present before me. I was already feeling mentally tapped out, but getting a rubric from the teacher that completely did not at all match her (previously unclear) explanation of the assignment was frustrating and made me a bit underwhelmed with listening to presentation after presentation. I survived and am very happy to have the paper and both presentations behind me. Now, there are only two more academic tasks between me and spring break! She was smiling and nodding while I was talking so that seems good and I got good feedback from the class as well.

I am so excited to be done with these courses and to have a week off during which time I get to spend time with my cute husband and relax a lot!

Things I am looking forward to:
1. Seeing Mr. Sneaker in 9 days!!!
2. Getting a pedi on Monday
3. Running 10 miles with my running peeps this weekend
4. getting into bed tonight and turning my brain OFF

1 comment:

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

I'm so impressed with how many miles you are running considering you are so busy- makes me want to get off my butt (oh and never get my doctorate haha).

On another note, last year I had to take 2 Thursdays off to do wedding appointments that I couldn't get in on the weekends- both times I went to the gym and it definitely felt weird but luckily my gym is in the opposite direction of my school so it was unlikely I would see anyone