D.C with my BFF!

Tonight I said goodbye to Mom and Dad and flew to Washington D.C. to stay with my best friend until Sunday. We met at Villanova when we were placed together as roommates freshman year. We became super close, did everything together, and ended up living together all four years in college. Although we live far apart now, we try to skype every Sunday and we are still bff's! I am so excited to spend the next few days with her!

I mentioned in another post how much shopping I have been doing and my bag ended up being 9 pounds overweight. I did not want to pay the $100 fee nor did I want to ditch things at the airport, so I was thanking my lucky stars for the ginormous purse my mother in law got me for my birthday. I was able to remove a few key items from my luggage that was going to get checked and thankfully they fit inside my purse and the carry on bag I had with me. I also took my sneakers out and put them on and put my sandals in my purse. I absolutely love traveling with Mr. Sneaker because he has status on United which gets us some additional baggage weight allowance in addition to some other perks. I am not such a fan of traveling by myself with megga luggage, but at this point I just have one leg of the trip left to do alone. While I was waiting for boarding time I caught up on my Instructor magazines, so the plan is to do some good 'ol teacher posts once I return to Germany. I was still trying to lighten my load so I ripped out several pages that had interesting stuff I wanted to remember and chucked the rest of the magazines at the airport.

The flight from NY to DC is only about an hour (maybe less) so it was quite enjoyable. The plane was very small since it's just a hopper, but the flight went by so fast compared to the 11 hour flight from Germany. I listened to some old mixes on my iPod including a mix of songs that were played at my wedding. It amazes me how songs can be so incredibly linked to memories and emotions. I was totally tearing up listening to our first dance song and picturing our wedding day. I started thinking about how my husband and I will be apart while I am in Portland this school year and I know I will miss him so much. I have to leave 3 days before our third wedding anniversary so listening to our song was happy and sad at the same time. When I got to the song I dance to with my dad I could only listen to the first verse because I was getting really choked up! I felt like a total weirdo so I had to switch to some more upbeat musical stylings!

Although I have spent a good part of the past week shopping with my mama, my best friend and I have some more in store! We are going to the outlets tomorrow and I am excited! I can't buy too much due to my already heavy baggage, but I did have a few things in my bag that were gifts for her so I figure I have a few spare pounds!?


I am so disappointed in my lack of pictures from my trip so far, but I did get a few when I was messing around with my photobooth.

two of my mom's siamese babies (she has four!)
I think these two are Phoebe and Oliver but it's hard to tell since the picture isn't great.

Picture from the wedding we attended on Saturday
 
When we got to the hotel I realized that my camera battery had died and I left the charger at home. Bummer! I always like to get pictures when we are all dressed up, but luckily someone else got a shot of us and she emailed it to me.

We also took a few pics with my mom's camera right before I left thank goodness!

It is so late and I need to get to bed, but I also want to share that I got a $25 giftcard from Donorschoose in the mail for my birthday. If any of you currently have unfulfilled project proposals  (or know of someone else who has one) please send me the link since the giftcard allows me to donate that amount to a project of my choice!


2 comments:

Kelly said...

I really need to think of a good project for donors choose and try it out- I keep meaning to.

I'm glad you are having a fun trip in the US. It's fun to think you are at least in my time zone now :) Are you sure you should be shopping if you are over the baggage amount already? haha. I usually have to move stuff into Eric's bag if mines over- hope that doesn't happen next week :) Can't wait for your teacher posts!

School Daz said...

Traveling is always fun, and I can never resits shopping for something. This happened to me when I went to Arizona over Spring Break... I had so much stuff I wanted to take home but not much room. Luckily for me half of my suitcase going to Arizona was full of baby stuff for my cousins, so that left me some room ;)

Also, those cats are adorable! Siamese are the best, I always 2wanted to own one :)