Family Fun

My apologies for the lack of posting recently. I have been super busy traveling and spending time with the fam! Oh how nice it is to be hanging out at my old stomping grounds in Connecticut this week! The flights from California to Dulles then Dulles to White Plains were not quite as luxurious as flying all business style from Germany, but at least this leg of the trip was shorter! We arrived late Tuesday night...well technically it was already Wednesday and have been enjoying sunshine, food, and family ever since!

Last night my brother, his wife, and my niece came over to my parents' house for a belated birthday celebration for both Mr. Sneaker and me. My mom made my favorite dish (cavatelli and broccoli) and my dad grilled up some chicken and steak. Prior to dinner I took a tour of his amazing garden and my niece got some fresh green beans to bring in for her dinner. It is so fun to spend time with her because she has changed so much since we last saw her in December. She is not about 18 months old, walking, babbling, and smiling so much! I even got a super sweet kiss from her. I know she doesn't recognize us since we barely ever see her, but at least she has fun with us when we visit. I took some pictures but I am mad at myself for not getting more! I guess I was too busy enjoying myself!

cutie pie! (who will become a big sister in September!)

Dad's garden

double squash

blueberry bush

amazing carrot cake from Lancaster, PA

Also, yesterday afternoon Mr. Sneaker and I went to the mall! That may not sound super exciting, yet having been in Europe for the past year, we don't get to hit up the mall all too often. It is fun to visit our favorite stores (Gap, JCrew, Banana Republic etc.) and get some good stuff to take back with us. I also got coupons from both Gap and Banana for 40% off any full priced item each Wednesday in July! I will definitely take advantage next week, but then I will probably pass them off to my mom or my best friend since I will be returning to Germany on July 11th. I have some major shopping plans with my mom and I can't wait to hit up Target and DSW!!

1 comment:

Ginger Snaps said...

That garden looks awesome! My boyfriend has one too and his looks terrible compared to that! lol